Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T Mobile

Odd problem - no text messages

First of all, congratulations on this new phone -apart from the issue I have it is a cracking phone.

Model Q10

Model Number SQN100-3

Software release 10.1.0.4181

Serial number 0723-7347-2758

My problem is that there is no folder for text messages. I can click on the main BlackBerry Hub where obviously text messages are mixed in with whatsapp messages, facebook notifications, emails, etc. But there is no individual folder for text messages.

When I click on the Text Message icon on the apps pages it just takes me to whatever last folder I was looking at within the hub area. In the list is Hub, Notifications, BBM, WhatsApp, my email accounts, Facebook, LinkedIn, Calls and Pin. But nothing for text messages.

Please help.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Odd problem - no text messages

[ Edited ]

I don't know if this has been resolved yet but see below:

http://crackberry.com/losing-your-text-messages-101-mr-youre-not-alone

this may help too:

Change options for sending and receiving text messages

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/50635/mwa1340200324647.jsp

My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

congratulations on the new phone.

In your case you will have to take a complete backup and factory reset your device. did you update your phone after purchasing it? or your having this problem since you brought the phone?

New Contributor

Wow, quick response. Thanks to both of you.

As soon as I got the phone I did a software update and assume I am on the most recent release?

If I do a complete backup, factory reset and then reinstall the backup will all the apps I have downloaded be there along with contacts?

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

I'm thinking you will have to reinstall the apps since they are linked to your BlackBerry ID

So...I reset to factory settings and thankfully in the Hub there was now a Text Messages folder showing. Problem solved. However, when I press the Text Messages icon on from the apps page it takes me straight to the last folder I was in on the hub rather than into the text message folder.

I have also tried to get rid of the PIN folder from the hub as I dont know what it is or want to use it. I chose, in settings, not to show it, but it continues to.

I am starting to get a bit annoyed with the phone now. It could be so good, but these issues are overshadowing the product.

Any advice?

Developer

hum, this is strange. i can understand you getting annoyed, the only thing i can think of is to dowangrade to the older OS version which might solve this issue and worst case senario you will have to go to BlackBerry store and get your self a new device in exchange.

New Contributor

When errors are reported are they taken into account for when the next software update is released i.e. a fix is included?

I can probably cope with my phone as it is as long as I know a fix will be released.
Highlighted
Developer

ofcourse, whenever errors are reported BlackBerry does take them into account and work on fixing them. In this case am not sure how many users have faced the same issue. Every OS update that comes from BlackBerry is focused at bettering features, user experience and fix errors and the devices in total. 

I like the positive attitude you are showing...cheers