Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE

Phone automatically wants to play music in my car

I have a Toyota touch and go system in my car and its linked to my phone via bluetooth so I can make and receive calls hands free and that you can play music if you want but my BBQ10 does not give me the choice about 1 min after starting the engine it starts playing music yet my old BB 9300 curve didn't. I can unpair for music but as soon as I stop and start the car again it starts playing again.  Ive googled a media push button but its from Google play and I can't download it and can't find a blackberry equivalent.   Please help its driving me mad.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry 9360

Re: Phone automatically wants to play music in my car

Hello KS67,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums. If you connect your BlackBerry Q10 smartphone to any other Bluetooth audio device (headphones, speakers or a different vehicle) does the music automatically play? If not, the automatic music could be due to the settings within your car. Please let us know.

We are looking forward to your reply.

-RoundBrown

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Carrier: EE

Hi  I don't really have anything to try and connect too but tried my samsung galaxy tab and it didn't do it with that but ive spoke to Lexus Bluetooth support today who also support Toyota and they say its definitely the very new phones software.  For ref this didn't happen with my old blackberry 9300 curve, dosnt with my daughter's blackberry either.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

No solution, but the same problem here with my BB Q10 and Subaru Impreza factory Bluetooth.

When the phone is paired with the car for handsfree phone calls and music, it attempts to start playing music every time it connects via Bluetooth.  I can find no way to disable this either in the car Bluetooth settings or on the BB device itself.  Seems like a Q10 / OS10 bug.

My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: ATT

Here I am asking the same question TWO YEARS LATER and I can't believe there is no solution to this yet!!!!

I am on the side of the first person that asked the question two years ago.  I AM UPSET at the fact that I DO NOT want my music to play automatically and it is NOT the car's problem... It is the phone software that tries to do this automatically even when I disable it.  It is driving me MAD!!!!