Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: China Unicom

Problem on sening Text Message

My friends can't recieve my text message with the content of more than 10 Characters. However, it displays "D" (Delievered) in my phone (Q10).

It really troubles me a lot!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Problem on sening Text Message

Hello,

"Text Message" as in SMS? Or BBM? Or something else?

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

SMS, tks!

Moreover, I also moved my sim card to the other mobile phone, and everything is OK. There must be something wrong with my Q10.

Please help...
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Hmmm...confusing. The "D" for Delivered that you mentioned up front is not something I've ever seen with SMS...only with BBM. So that's a little bit confusing...maybe your carrier has an enhanced level of SMS that mine does not. Interesting.

In any event, please start with the basics...anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness shows up, the first thing to try is a proper reboot:

• Pre-BB10 Devices ONLY. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes.
  • BB10 Devices. Hold the top button down until the counter reaches zero. Wait for the device to be fully shut down (e.g., nothing at all displayed on the screen, no LED lights, etc.). Hold the top button until the red LED is lit. Wait through the full boot-up process. If this fails, you can attempt the battery-pull method above, but it is normally NOT recommended unless nothing else works.

See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Thank you!

Unfortunately, rebooting my Q10 doesn't solve my problem. My OS is 10.2.1.3247

There is one clue I don't know if it matters. My phone was deleting all the data after I typed wrong password for 10 times. The operation was happened in HK, while my SIM is China Unicom.
Hall of Famer III

Yes, that may well be quite important indeed...and indicates other remedies now.

With a strong carrier network signal (e.g., not merely WiFi), I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (step 1 should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Reboot

• Pre-BB10 Devices ONLY. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes.
  • BB10 Devices. Hold the top button down until the counter reaches zero. Wait for the device to be fully shut down (e.g., nothing at all displayed on the screen, no LED lights, etc.). Hold the top button until the red LED is lit. Wait through the full boot-up process. IF this fails, you can attempt the battery-pull method above, but it is normally NOT recommended unless nothing else works.
  • See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you may have to wait until you return to your home carrier before this can function again. Sometimes, when things like this happen while roaming, normal services cannot return until the device returns to it's home network.

Good luck!

Contributor

Sorry, it still doesn't work, and the problem still exsits.
Hall of Famer III

Then my suspicion may be true...this may well not be fixable until you return to your home carrier network.

Contributor

Home Carrier network? How to return? Thanks!
Hall of Famer III

China Unicom is your home carrier, right? And you are now in HK. It is possible (I cannot know for sure) that your services won't restore correctly (given the password-failure WIPE), until you are back on China Unicom's network.