Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: 447974760699

Problems with my Q10

I've had the phone for a couple of weeks now and am gradually getting to grips with it.

Missed Call notification: Initially, had a bug I believe as whenever I had a missed call, I would get a notification but no matter what I tried, it would not disappear. I have had to resort to taking out the battery and re-booting. But, an update on Friday appears to have sorted this.

Ring Tone: I have a piece of music I like as a ring tone. I transferred it on the the phone. It is the specified ring tome in the phone menu but when the phone rings, I get a standard ring tone instead. Really can't work out why it won't use it. Was never a problem on my Torch.

Email: Took a few attempts and I did finally manage to get my email accounts set up. However, is there a way to delete multiple messages from the phone but not from the server? Can only manage to do one at a time and hope that they remain on the server as I can't find anything to indicate this option.

Camera: the camera and video is definitely a better quality than I had on my Torch. Again,. found it a bit fiddly to work but again, with practice it has become easier.

Answering calls: sometimes it takes a few attempts to answer a call. The arrow indicators are useful though and maybe the touch screen isn't as sensitive as it needs to be.

Contacts: is there a way to have only contacts from one email account rather than from multiple email accounts as well as Facebook? I have around 130 contacts but on my Q10, I now have hundreds as many are duplicated.

There are a few other niggles which are a tad tedious but the more I use the phone the easier it is becomming.
It has been difficult at first to get the hang of the hub and menu's but have got the hand of it now. I am beginning to like the phone and pleased I didn't send it back after a week; which is what I was intending to do. Several friends also got the Q10 at the same time as me and three have returned it . But, I think the best is to persevere. EE gave me 14 days to try it out and I definitely needed this long.

Kr's

Susie

Contributor
My Device: Q10

Re: Problems with my Q10

LOL - just wait a few days...

If those are the only issues you will have, you will be the most satisfied Q10 user in the world

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Problems with my Q10

susie, for answering calls, please place your finger ON the white bar and drag down. Not above or below.

On the contacts, you can open your Contacts app and swipe down from the top and TURN OFF to show the accounts (facebook, etc.) in the contacts app which you do not wish to see. Or you can simply turn off your Facebook or other contacts sync IN the email account setup of those particular accounts where you do not wish to have those contacts syncing.

ALSO: You have your mobile phone number listed as your "My Mobile Provider" or carrier. Putting your phone number out on the internet on these public forums for the world to see, is not wise. To change that, at the top of this page click on My Settings > Personal Profile > Personal Information, and in the entry block for "Carrier" type the name of your mobile provider.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code