Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

My Device: Q 10
My Carrier: Debitel Deutsche Telekom

Q 10 Keypad Lock

I have the Q10 SQN 100-3, since a week and have to admit that I am not overly impressed.

It boots dramatically slow....and there is not even anything "on" it yet...meaning: hardly any apps or data

But my two biggest problems are right now:

How can I turn on some kind of keylock that prevents it from doing the most funny things while in my pocket? I tried the settings in the screen menu but no matter which combination of the two settings there I try it always unlocks when I press the on/off button and/or a number key or the "Q" or the "A" (having a QWERTZ keypad). Any of this happens easily when carried in your Jeans backpocket. This is clearly a no go for me and I would have to give it back to the dealer if there isn´t already or soon a solution for that

Second issue is to answer an incoming call. Usually that works smoothly by sliding down on the screen, however, at two instances now I found the screen totally unresponsive, missing the call as I was not able to slide down.

There seems to be an issue with the screen as I also had troubles to toggle the switches when changing settings and found myself hammering on the screen trying to get some reaction.

Does anybody have a cure for those symptoms?

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Du

Re: Q 10 Keypad Lock

your device may be faulty, which is unlikely, most probably it is the software.
Go to your computer, load Blackberry Link, connect your phone, and select Reload. This is like reinstalling everything on your phone like brand new.
Make sure you back up first.
Both of your problems should not happen. But the issue of the key lock, perhaps you can enable security password, in which case press the power button on top for few seconds, and chose the option "lock".
Then go to Settings, then Display, chose OFF the option to "enable the power button to unlock the device". In you jeans pocket, the phone should not be able to swipe itself.
Hope this helps a little.