Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Aircell

Q 10 contacts/address Book

[ Edited ]

Hi friends,

When I view the contacts in the address book I see the Call work numbers on top followed by Call home numbers & then the Call mobile numbers. After this we see the same as Text work, Text home & Text mobile in the bottom.

Because of this while sending a text if there are 3 numbers earlier to a mobile number, I am not able to select the mobile number that is not seen in the screen. I scroll but while scrolling the home or work number gets selected.

How can I sort this out that the Call mobile numbers is seen first.

Thank you very much.

Vipin Sachdev. (BBM - <removed>)

MOD EDIT: Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Priv, Passport, Z30

Re: Q 10 contacts/address Book

I noticed that phone numbers labelled "other" appear below "mobile". I would think that it's not a very practical or useful observation.

I think it's just a matter of getting used to scrolling up with a lighter touch so that the number you touch first scrolls up rather than being selected.

Another idea would be to use the voice dialing feature of your Q10. Press the mute button on the side of your phone and say "call (person's name) on mobile".
Twitter: @sheldonbk
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Aircell

Re: Q 10 contacts/address Book

Finally, I bought a HTC one with 32 Gb yesterday & voila it synced with in a few minutes. I will forget BBM until it is released for android in Sept & until then it is whatsapp & viber. Thank you BlackBerry for letting me go after more than 10 years but I do not appreciate the torture that I had to bear for over a month.