Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

My Device: Q 10
My Carrier: AT&T

Q 10 re-booting self

I'm on my second Q 10 and  both of them keep re-booting themselves when setting down the phone, while making a call and sometimes on a call. Does this happen to any other Q 10 users? It's very frustrating when on a business call  or any for that matter. I've been a BB user for years. Please help!

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Q 10 re-booting self

Never happened to me.. Make sure you have an original NX-1 battery from blackberry as I used to have a NS-1 (pre-production batery) and it was smaller than the original one and it may make a difference..

Also if that doesn't work try re-loading your OS.

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Try taking the back off and then trying to move the battery and see if it re-boots. I don't have the problem but a piece of tape or paper or card stock might make the battery fit tighter. Sounds like a loose batter if it only happens when you set it down.

My Device: PlayBook, Z10 LE, Dev Alpha C

You might also want to remove the back cover and battery, and do one or more of:

Inspect the battery terminals for damage or corrosion

Gently nudge the battery terminals to see if the circuit board header they are mounted to has been damaged

Shake the device to see if it has ingested any debris or possibly been dropped and had internal components shaken loose.