Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Leaving Q10 for the 9900

Q10 - BB DTM - does anyone know what this is?

One of the posters here said that the issues with Link and syncing could be due to BB DTM being installed.

what is BB DTM and should it be installed or not?

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Z10 Limited Edition
My Carrier: Unlocked

Re: Q10 - BB DTM - does anyone know what this is?

BB DTM means BlackBerry Desktop Software---if u have installed it,u should uninstall->restart->install Link->reinstall->Connect

1. If any post helps you please click the Like button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
Trusted Contributor

Uninstalled.

Link still does not work.

I spoke with my carrier - apparently they have been informed by BBY that the latest Link does not cyncronize with Outlook, and it is not clear if they will ever release an update to do so.

I am very disappointed with BBY - this product release is a disaster!

Developer
My Device: Blackberry Z10 Limited Edition
My Carrier: Unlocked

come on man....it's just released,the OS is new and they tried to maintain the old features for u guys...was android a perfect OS when launched no and it still has it's quirks....iOS also has some issues now.....so give them time for updates,each update fixes a lot of issues

1. If any post helps you please click the Like button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
Trusted Contributor

Well, this is exactly the problem!

BBY is (was) a Mercedes - an awesome well working machine

then, they realized that more people bought Fiat Pintos, so they launched the "new MB" with a "more consumer focused engine" - they failed to say that it is garbage and has nothing to do with the previous products.

They also forgot that they had to sell the cars with keys, tires, seats and headlights...

so, we all have nice looking cars that do not work

who cares if it resembles apples or samsungs - those products are toys and we want nothing to do with them - that is why we have blackberries.

Trusted Contributor

Oh, and it is not just released - I have had my pretty paperweight for almost 2 months now.

completely unacceptable!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 ... again
My Carrier: Telekom

@chrissmartin:

Are you really serious???

The q10 in its' present state is just another fun smart phone with a keyboard. There are absolutely no remnants of the business phone of the past; just rubbish! I've returned the q10 to the vendor and am again using the Bold 9900 until it falls apart. After that BlackBerry goodbye.

So many flaws withinQ10/OS 10 are unacceptable!

This launch is an insult to all faithfull users of the past. For me, a continuous development since 2003, now having been disrupted.