Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: 6281510205775

Q10 BB Hub doesn't work

I cannot see my BB hub, it is just a blank black screen and wont let me recieve or read emails and text messages. 
Can any one help please? I have brought it to the local blackberry centre in Indonesia they say they cannot help because it is a hardware problem and because I bought it in Canada they won't be able to help me. I went to my provider they said I have the right information for everything and was puzzled as how we cannot seem to view the hub.

unhappy (used to be) loyal BB user

Esti Lambert
INDONESIA
Contributor
My Device: Playbook & Q10
My Carrier: 02

Re: Q10 BB Hub doesn't work

I updated mine last week, first couple of times I got a message that it couldn't connect to the server, maybe to busy, but a little later it did and updated fine.
Are you connecting your Q10 to the power supply when uprating, I think it needs to be connected to a power supply to ensure it doesn't cut out during update process leaving you with a brick.
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: 6281510205775

Re: Q10 BB Hub doesn't work

[ Edited ]

I am doing that right now, wish me luck!

Thank you for your reply,

I did what you advised me but this time I didn't up grade the software from Blackberry Link, like I did before (and for the past 3 days unsuccessful, mostly hang at the software upgrade part)

So what I did was removed, sim and memory cards, then wiped out data (Setting-Security-WipeOut Data) it took awhile to complete so like you said I kept it plugged into a power cable. Then once it is wiped out (I still found the hub was on black screen and text message folder wouldn't open)

I downloaded the software update from the blackberry WITHOUT connecting it to the computer/Blackberry Link. (Setting-Software Updates-Check for Updates)

Again, it took a loooong time and basically I left my blackberry indoor all day.

Once the software fully loaded I find everything in order, BB Hub, text messages, everything is working now :-D

JUST A NOTE THOUGH, THE SOFTWARE I HAVE RIGHT NOW IS 10.1.0.273 BUT THE ONE FROM BLACKBERRY LINK IS A NEWER VERSION I THINK 10.1.0.283 

I will not risk it to try downloading it from the BB Link again though as I am not sure if it will be stable or not for the Q10.

I am back to be a happy loyal BB user now!

Thank you for your kind reply and I hope that this posting can help others too.

Esti Lambert
INDONESIA