Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: Etisalat

Q10 BBM works in wifi without data plan

Hi there,

Planning to buy a BB Q10.. i heard some news that Blackberry Q10 BBM works in wifi even without dataplan? please confirmed.. Thank you

Super Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Q10 BBM works in wifi without data plan

Yes BB10 device can work without data plan, but the service that you will not be able to send text and make phone calls.

Let me know if this help.
New Contributor

Hi Sir,

thank for the kind response.. u mean i can use BBM i can msg etc.. thru wifi witout any data plan? is this confirmed? what about Blackberry Q5 sir? what do u mean aslo regarding the service that not bale to send a text and make a calls. please clarify and explain.. thank you very much

New Contributor

sir am talking about BBM in Q10 and Q5. can I use that sending chat, msg etc even without data plan? because the old model I have BB 9320 doesn't work the BBM if is not data plan
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB Passport, Z10 and PlayBook 64Gb
My Carrier: Proximus (BE)

[ Edited ]

YES, normally the new devices are fully functional on WI-FI.

Of course a data plan provides you with more mobility... but not more functionalities.

Smiley Wink

------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to mark as "solved" if your question is replied and to "like" a useful reply to your post ;-)
New Contributor

harhar you don't get me LOL.. before BBM in blackberry cannot use without data plan right? so in Q10 its works? can send msg in BBM and recived just in wifi connection no need data plan? wifi is better than data plan right?
New Contributor

Sir as i seen here you are using BlackberryQ10 right? you can use your BBM with out data plan? you can msg, chat to BBM thru wifi only? you can recieved and sent?