Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE (UK)

Q10 Battery Life - What is your experience?

I've read elsewhere that Blackberry claim up to two days without charge due to the larger battery than the Bold or the Z10. The smaller screen must help too.

I have been struggling to get through a single day with moderate phone use and higher email use. I am on a 4G service.

How has everyone else been getting on?

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Q10 Battery Life - What is your experience?

I use the Blackberry charger bundle, it sacrifices the bundle battery but I survived from like 5pm - 11pm while unplugged Smiley Tongue LOL ... with 85% battery on the main battery, the backup battery seemed to die..

Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: EE (UK)

That doesn't seem that good?

I'm finding the phone now lasts a day at most without charging. The Torch wasn't great either but I was expecting better from the larger Q10 battery. All I can think is something is sucking up power, maybe one of the Apps or 4G?

New Contributor
My Device: balckberry Q10
My Carrier: Fido

I just got the Q10 battery lasted one day and phone was over heating had phone replaced new phone batterry still only lasted one day
New Contributor
My Carrier: t mobile

Fully loaded at 6pm. Go to sleep Mode at 1am. This morning at 9pm at 60%.

I am note sure, but yesterday i thought it was a terrible battery. Today i slightly change my view? Hope This ist still going better an better.

Having found that the charger is very slow??? Anybody else with this guess?

Regards
Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi everyone.  I have to say I am NOT impressed with the battery so far?  I came here wondering whether I just had a bad battery, but I am not encouraged to see others with the same issue.  I have not been using for more than email, phone and a bit of surfing and by the end of the day the battery is virtually drained.  I thought the battery life was being touted as one of the big innovastions / selling points?!

New Contributor
My Device: balckberry Q10
My Carrier: Fido

seems alot of peple are having problems would be nice if Blackberry did something about it

Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

When new the battery lasted one day, just. One week later this is improving and I had two days use yesterday which included a fair number of old fashioned reboots!
Highlighted
Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

Honestly get the Q10 battery pack. Aka battery bundle. Charge both at once and then swap the battery. Mine lasts long enough. I have a charger at work, charger at home(usb cable) and I'm all good. Unlike iphone or android. U can swap battery! BlackBerry wins 

Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Using multiple batteries and chargers is fine, but this is NOT what Blackberry has been touting as one of the main improvements.  They promoted an article that Canadian Tire execs are so impressed with the two day battery life.  Is this the case or not??  My old Bold (pre touch screen had much longer battery life than I am getting out of the Q10.