Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: O2

Re: Q10 Battery Life - What is your experience?

this has doubled battery life (now it lasts approx. 1.5 days): 

a) reduced approx. 5000 e-mails in inbox to few hundreds 

b) switched off Skype

However, still wondering why battery drains so fast. 

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: TMobile

I just upgraded from a Bold 9700 to the Q10 and it's a huge disappointment.   I use my phone for work - 4G T Mobile network - although at my house in NM I use it primarily on WI-FI as I did with the Bold because of reception.  I have set the screen light to the lowest setting.  The phone actually heats up - and the battery barely give me half a day!  I am not browsing - mostly phone and email.  I think something must be defective??  This is pathetic.  

How can I travel on business with this?  Will go back to T-Mobile tomorrow and see if they can help me.

Highlighted
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

as much as the Q10 is awesome, the battery is very disappointing. At firts it only lasted for less than 10 hours. Then it lasted for more than 24 hours which made me think this will be the ultimate smart phone. But lately it went back to the less than 10 hours battery life. 

Come on guys, what's going on? I upgraded my BB to the Q10 due to battery issues. Now it would appear that the battery is still a problem

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodacom SA

Mine did exactly the same , started out at around 6 hours then i turned off everything NFC , bluetooth , even wifi ...so now no longer a smart phone , it then started to give me just over 24 hours on a 3 hour charge ...now this last week still with all turned off it varies between 8 hours and 15 hours , i am not a heavy user dont surf the net or watch video clips etc ... my kids both have Z10 and the batteries last 2 days ? so what is it exactly that causes the phone battery to behave erratically ? I am serioslt dissapointed the phone is great as far as features etc ...but you never know how long it will last ,leaving you stranded. I called blackberry head office customer care etc ... no joy.

New Contributor
My Carrier: TMobile

As an update to my earlier post.  My battery after only two weeks of having the phone was giving me less and less time.  It would heat up and on a full overnight charge - give me maybe 4-5 hours of use.  This was with no gee wiz apps turned on, Bluetooth off.  Just using it for a phone and email.  I decided to take it back - seems I had it for 18 days and there is a warranty from Blackberry of 14 days........  I was given a spiel of sticking it out that sometimes new batteries can act like this.  I went away **bleep** - BUT - that night I turned it completely off to charge it.  The next day it did not heat up and gave me closer to 8-10 hours of use.  Go figure.  It has been consistently giving me this - as long as I turn it completely off to charge.  Crazy.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Airtel

I bought Blackberry q10 last week.  the battery just keeps draining out.  A full battery would completely drain out without any active use (just email syncing) with location off in a few hour's time.  really frustrating

Contributor

same here. I bought Blackberry q10 last week. the battery just keeps draining out. A full battery would completely drain out without any active use (just email syncing) with location off in a few hour's time. really frustrating
Contributor

same here. My 9780 used to last for more than a day for sure without charging, where as this new q10 bought last week is not lasting even 5-6 hours even in normal standby more with just emails syncing and location feature off. frustrating...
Contributor

ditto. my new q10 is giving just 6 hours battery life with minimal use, location feature off and no downloading except the emails syncing.
Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

I get 2days consistently but always charge overnight with phone off. It took time to get there.