Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Q10 Calendar Notifications - need help

I'm not sure how to enable alerts for my calendar events.

For some reason, my phone only alerts me of my Facebook events.

Any events I input, I don't receive a notifications for. They are listed in my calendar when I open up to view, but my phone doesn't have a notification reminder for these appts.

I used a recurring appt with my old BB to remind me to take my medication everyday at a certain time. I have not been able to do this on my current phone, and the "Remember" App is not useful for this since I can't set it to be a recurring event. I also missed a meeting date I inputted since my phone failed to remind me.

My alarm rings as normal, with a dismiss option etc. Facebook events also show up as per usual with an option to snooze, dismiss etc. Facebook events will also so up on my grey "home screen" (before I scroll up, after unlocking my phone), but other calendar events are not listed, which makes them very easy to forget.

My old BB would have any events or alarms that I missed (if by chance I had my phone on silent) waiting for me when I opened my phone.

Any idea on how I can remedy this?

FYI - When I check the Notifications tab under settings in my phone, "Calendar" isn't even one of the options in the list! (Email, BBM, Text, Facebook, Twitter etc, are all on the list. It is also not included in the "Other Applications" tab.)

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Q10 Calendar Notifications - need help

Hey Ahass,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

If you go into the Calendar> Swipe down from the top> Select settings> General> what is the Meeting Reminder set too? And to check the Calendar notification settings, Go to Notifications> Scroll down to Reminders> Do you have 'All Alerts' on?

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi hatchback,

Meeting reminder is set to 15 minutes. I sometimes will adjust the meeting reminder within individual appointments, but the standard time is set to 15.

Under reminders all alerts are on.

I have checked both these options before.

As I mentioned, specific alerts work, like Facebook events that are automatically synced into my calendar. The problem is with calendar items I input into my phone automatically (which is the majority).

Any other ideas?
New Contributor
My Carrier: O2

same with my Q10 ever since I got it.

The reminder pop-ups only work very sporadically, almost never. Neither the Facebook Cal entries nor the manual entries reminders work.... Even after the latest SW update last week.... :-(