Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Q10 Calendar Sync

Just purchased a new Q10, very pleased with it but cant sync my calendar, email is working fine. Looking at the set up videos there are options to switch sync on or off for calendar / Contacts during set up but I don’t get these. Tried T-Mobile several times for support but referred me to BB site, now read all there is on the BB site (and watched the videos). I must have something set up incorrectly and a simple chat with BB support would probably fix things but cant fined a number. Any ideas?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Q10 Calendar Sync

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

First off, please tell us which method you desire to configure your calendar sync. OTA or LINK?

If OTA, please then reveal the email service provider on which your calendar is hosted.

If LINK, then we'll have the mods move this thread over to the proper location on this forum.

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks for response. I have actually tried both but would prefer OTA, my email service provider is BT via BT Yahoo. Regards Steven
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

OK...then for OTA, refer:

• Article ID: KB35765 Yahoo! Calendar and Contacts are not synchronizing over the air with the BlackBerry 10 smartphone

Does your result seem at all like that? What OS level are you on? What exact steps do you try, and what are the results from each step?

Good luck and let us know!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hi sorry for late reply. I have just follwed the on line help pages. Settings - Accounts - I only have one account which was set up for my email, then tap the icon which is three vertical dots, then set defaults. This brings up a screen with a heading, Calender which shows home device, if I tap the drop down there is only Home Device listed.

regards  Steven

Hall of Famer III

The steps you state are in direct contradiction...

SJUK wrote:

Settings - Accounts - I only have one account which was set up for my email

And then this:

SJUK wrote:

then tap the icon which is three vertical dots, then set defaults. This brings up a screen with a heading, Calender which shows home device, if I tap the drop down there is only Home Device listed.

If, in Accounts, you have (as you say) only one and it is set up only for your Email, then there is nothing for the Calendar app to find other than the local calendar. Before attempting to set defaults, you have to actually integrate your calendar into the device, within the Accounts properties of the email account (if it can, it varies by server), or by again adding it as CalDAV. Once the calendar is actually integrated into the device, then you can proceed to set detaulfs.

Good luck and let us know!

New Contributor

okay thanks. Have now tried to set up a new CalDav account without success. I obtained the following information re the server address from BT:

.POP

incoming server: mail.btinternet.com
outgoing server: mail.btinternet.com
incoming port-110
outgoing port- 25

ssl should not be ticked

IMAP

incoming server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
outgoing server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com

incoming port-993
outgoing port- 465

ssl should be ticked

For the set up of a CalDav account I completed the Description,Username,emai address and pasword and tried both of the incoming server addresses mentioned above. But didn't enter any port details as this was not aked for (plus I'm not sure what format would be required)  I checked the details of my email and this uses mail.btinternet.com and has a port 993 with SSL ticked, the SMTP has the same server address but port 465 again with SSL ticked.  When hitting Done I get the following error message - [mail.btinternet.com, port:None] cant't be reached.

thanks

Super Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: vodafone UK

Hello, I would suggest deleting your email account and try setting it up again. During that set up you'll see at the middle botton an icon look-a-like as equaliser, hit that and see if there are these options to sync contacts and calendar.

Other think that comes to my mind is to check with your yahoo account settings if there is an option to allow a mobile devise to have an access to certain services within the mail. There might be a prohibition from yahoo not to give access from a mobile device to your contacts and calendar, then you should allow it.

Regards and good luck.
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
New Contributor

thanks for the quick response I'll give it a go!
Hall of Famer III

[ Edited ]

I'd have to delete and re-configure a similar account on my device, but if memory serves me correctly neither IMAP nor POP include anything other than email in their configuration wizards...EAS is required for those additional things to be included with the email configuration wizard. I might be wrong, but that's what my brain is telling me.

As for which email integration method to choose...always choose "the best" method your provider offers, in this order of preference -- EAS, then IMAP, and lastly POP. Sometimes, you have to activate one or the other...for example, within the GMail web interface, the user can control if IMAP, POP, or both are faced to the Internet (EAS is only available via GMail for paid Google Apps subscribers OR those personal free account users who integrated the specific device to GMail via EAS prior to the cutoff some months ago that Google imposed).

Typically (with IMAP and POP), the email settings (which are all you've quoted above) are not the same for calendar and/or contacts to be configured via CalDAV or CardDAV. You need to obtain, from your provider, the proper settings specifically for those.

Good luck!