Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: China Unicom

Q10 Chinese input does not bring up words options and highly affects typing efficiency

To clarify, the typing input does bring up words option but only the first three options, there is no way to bring up more as it is for English typing environment. It is inefficient trying to work around with my tricks...really need to improve that.
My Device: z10
My Carrier: 12344567

Re: Q10 Chinese input does not bring up words options and highly affects typing efficiency

Solved! I was facing the exact same problem....solution is!! turn off "show prediction", then you can see all the options per pinyin! the tradeoff is you cannot see suggested words, which is not a big deal in chinese typing in my case. But in english typing I like to use prediction so i have to turn it on just for english and turn it off when i type in chinese.  Perhaps, making "show prediction" an individualized option for each language is the best solution! Hope BlackBerry will make this suggested improvement.