Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Q10 Custom profiles

I am having the same problem with my new Q10.  Cannot set up profiles.  this is very annoying as sometimes I want to hear only BBM's and phone calls (while away from work) and other times only phone calls or have it on normal.  Help!!

Visitor
My Device: Q10 and Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I cannot belive for the life of me that this is true.  How did Blackberry go backwards in their setup?  I've been a big backer of Blackberry for the past 10 years and I don't know how much more I can stand.  You create a new line of phones and a new OS and don't include custom ring profiles??  I'm speechless.  I haven't seen a company fail this miserably since Bre-X.  Just got my new Q10 for work yesterday and I already want to switch it in for something better.  You had a Ferrari and you traded it in on a 1975 AMC Pacer... Sounds like a sound deal to me.  Once again... utterly SPEECHLESS!

New Contributor
My Device: Classic
My Carrier: Bell

Just got my Q10 last week and tried to set up the custom profiles like on my 9900.  Now I read this!  How is this possible?  Does anyone at RIM/Blackberry read these posts?  I would have assumed that they would be fixing this unbelievable shortcoming soon, but the fact that the start of this thread was back in June is very discouraging.

Very disappointing.

My Carrier: Rogers

I too can't believe that the ability to customize sound profiles was possible on the older BB's but not on the new. I will always want to hear my phone ringing, but I don't need my text message or email notifications going off at work at the same volume. But I don't want to not hear them at all either, which seems to be the only option right now if I were to modify one of the unused profiles that came with the phone. Please, please fix this in the next update.

My Carrier: tmobile

This is ridiculous! Blackberry fix this mess, I am on the verge of going back to my 9900 (or finally quit BB altogether), its driving me nuts that my phone keeps ringing at work! At work we are allowed to communicate with coworkers via text but not for personal use. The profiles in the 9900 worked awesomely, I created a group for my coworkers with custom alerts for text! For a company that trailing the cell phone market you should be forging to go forward not backward!!! FIX THIS MESS IN THE NEXT UPDATE!!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Fido

Has anyone found a solution to this? Is there at least an app available?

This is becoming very annoying for me. I'm considering jumping to the next phone because of this. The profile customizing was one of the key reasons I stayed with BlackBerry.
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: cyta

so annoying i need a customised profile also like i  had on my 9700. that was the best model. biggest mistake upgrading to a Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: fidol

I have a BB Q5,  and for the most part it has the same OS. 

What I do to increase the vibration is: When you swipe down to show the applications, click on the settings tab. Then click on the Notifications tab ( its the one with the yellow bell sign). Then scroll down to the bottom and click on the word " applications". And you will be redirected to applications notifications. Its like the advance settings.  And then scroll down to text messages,  and you wll see the different tones and vibrate titles.  And click on either one for the different vibrating sounds and how many times you want the vibrations to happen by clicking on the numbers.

Good Luck and pass on the tip

Contributor
My Carrier: mtn

Hi

Does anyone know if this will be addressed in the next release?

Really mis this functionality. Expesialy the Silent Option for meetings.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Swisscom

Go to Settings > Notifications > Mode: Silent

I use this to not be disturbed during meetings.