Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Q10 Custom profiles

Can anyone tell me how to create and name a custom profile on the Q10.  For example o my 9900 I was able to create a profile called "Driving" which had different alerts set (vibrate for all calls and sound notifications for messages and everything else)

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Q10 Custom profiles

currently you cannot create custom profiles on the Q10.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: Q10

Does anyone know if this is likely to be rectified in an OS update?

I like having different profiles for different situations, not a few that I have to keep changing to suit.

May go back to my 9700 at this rate...

New Contributor
My Carrier: Starhub

I'm hoping this will come back too. I was using a 9800 and it's sad to feel that I no longer have what I used to have.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Swisscom

The only workaround at the moment is to "abuse" one of the existing predefined notification modes. There are 5 modes currently:

Normal

Phone Calls Only

Vibrate Only

Silent

All alerts off

Choose one that you normally don't use and customize it so it fits your "Driving profile".

New Contributor

freakinvibe wrote:

The only workaround at the moment is to "abuse" one of the existing predefined notification modes. There are 5 modes currently:

Normal

Phone Calls Only

Vibrate Only

Silent

All alerts off

Choose one that you normally don't use and customize it so it fits your "Driving profile".

I tried doing that but somehow I realised that whatever notifications I change for a profile, all the other profiles changes to those settings too! Am I the only one who's having this problem? What am I doing wrong? Eg. If in "normal" my text messages are set to sound, it changes the text messages notification to sound too for the "vibrate only" profile even though I've previously set it to vibrate.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Swisscom

Sorry, I was wrong. I have now read the T-Mobile Z10 instructions and it looks like only in Normal mode it will use the granualar notification settings. In all other modes it will do what the mode's name says and override the granular settings.

From the T-Mobile Guide:

If you select 'Silent, All alerts off, or Vibrate only,' then the desired Notification will not sound. This is true even if you turn on Notifications for a Notification category further down the screen (for example, Text Messages).

New Contributor

This is terrible and even less customisable than I thought........
Regular Contributor

This software is a massive step backwards!  No short, medium or long vibrate patterns for different application notifications. No profile renaming. No green coverage LED. No way to separate ringer and notification volume (if you turn up the notification volume you also increase the ringer volume). BlackBerry....... Sort it out!

Contributor

I am having the same issues. I don't see how they managed to f$#1! this up.