Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: 8034762066

Re: Q10 Deleting Email from my Mail Server, Email is gone!!!!!!!!

Thank you. That explains it. I was excited to figure out how to delete a group of messages because of the tedium of deleting them one at a time, so I have been using that method recently. I wonder if there is a way to delete messages en masse from the handheld without affecting them on the server.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Not sure there's any fix yet. What OS version are you on? Look in Settings>About.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: 8034762066

It looks like 10.2.1.2674. 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

According to this KB if you update your OS that issue will be fixed:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB35669

If youre carrier hasn't released an update that is 10.2.1.3175 or higher you can follow the instructions here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Upgrading-BB10-OS-Using-Sach...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: ATT

On my New Blackberry it was:

Go to Hub, Hit Menu button, select settings, Select Display annd Actions and it is near the middle or closer to the bottom to choose to delete emails on just Hub or on Hub and Server.

Guru II

Yes, but there was a bug where when you delete multiple emails from handheld only it was still deleting on the server. It's since been fixed in subsequent updates.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

I'm having a major issue with emails being deleted, and from the server as well. I have 10.2 (latest official release) and I have my phone set to delete on handheld only, but emails are just dissapearing constantly using a POP3 account from work servers. It's driving me crazy, and I'm not looking for emails I have deleted, I'm refering to emails I have not chosen to delete. My Q10 holds less than a week's emails. I've looked into every option, and I can't come up with anything. It's gotten so bad, I'm almost willing to go back to the galaxy work phone that was forced on me to begin with. I have been reluctant to use an autoloader to upgrade to 10.3, and I'm not sure that will help anyway. It's almost like my phone is set to delete any emails that are more than 5 days old. I have and usually delete more than one email at once, but that still shouldn't delete emails I haven't chosen to delete right? I have never had a phone that has done anything like this. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated 

Guru II

[ Edited ]

Do you use Outlook or a client for handling email on your computer? The BlackBerry doesn't delete email from the server by itself. Every time I've seen this happen it's always due to another email client downloading and then removing the mail from the server.

The other issue if email isn't staying on the device on enough is that the sync time can only be set when setting up the account. So, if you have no option to set a sync time you may need to delete and re-add the account and make sure you set the sync time to a longer period.

Solutions: 6,422
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

jsteinert wrote:

... I have my phone set to delete on handheld only, but emails are just dissapearing constantly using a POP3 account from work servers. It's driving me crazy, and I'm not looking for emails I have deleted, I'm refering to emails I have not chosen to delete.

Hey, even if you have your Q10 set to delete on handheld ONLY, if you delete multiple emails at one time, it will delete on the server as well.

Does that seem possible?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I understand that, but why is it choosing to delete emails I have not chosen to delete on the handheld? THAT is my problem. My oldest mails are disappearing daily, like they are being culled for new emails. I have not highlighted them for deletion. I understand that if I choose multiple emails to delete, it will delete them from the server as well, but if I have other emails that I have only viewed or replied to, and have NOT chosen to delete, why are they being deleted from my phone and my server? We found another setting in outlook on my work PC that was only set to keep emails for 4 days, so I'm hoping that had something to do with it, but I won't know until some time goes by, and I get new emails. It's just that every BB or phone I've had has never done anything like this. I would have to go in and delete emails from my phone that were like 3+ months old just because I had no need to keep them, now they just disappear!