Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Q10-Email and Text icon

Hi.Kindly please advice if someone has similar issues with email icons. When a message comes in from either email or text..the red light blinks and it stays blinking for maybe one minute before it goes off EVEN without I open the messages. How do you control the length of blinking? I would love it stay blinking until I open the hub or the messages. Also another interesting facts is when the blinking goes off, I open the hub and it shows the email icon as READ when I haven't read it yet or even open the email messages....strange. That goes for the text as well.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Q10-Email and Text icon

Hi jcdarch and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

Do you have an old BlackBerry smartphone that may still contain a SIM card? If so, I would recommend contacting your wireless network provider to verify the SIM has been disabled.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Hi...Yes the old SIM card is still in my old blackberry bold. What would this have to do with the email and text icon (per question above) ?
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9370

The duration of the blinking LED alert light is not something the user can change. Not yet anyway. The light blinking constantly was a common complaint of users of old BlackBerry devices so BlackBerry went with the one minute alert. Once you're past that first minute you have to turn your screen on to see the icons for email/text messages. 

New Contributor

Okay..this helps with the LED alert. Also most of the time when the LED alert time is passed the emails/text shows it has been reed when it hasn't and makes me to look for emails and text in the hubs that has not been read...The icon shows it is open instead when it is suppose to be closed until touch it open. Hmmm