Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: TELUS

Q10 Hardware support

I previously had a Torch.  It was terrible -- lots of errors (502 in particular), keyboard crashes, and the GPS never worked right.

Comparing with other BB users, it seems that I got a lemon.  Other people have had very good experiences with the same handheld, including friends that I have directly compared with.

I bought the unit through my cell provider (TELUS).  Their support was also terrible, and essentially consisted of an offer to purchase a different phone at a reduced price, or contracting a "repair technican" to do work on the Torch with no guarantee of success (yet with a need to pay based on labour expended).

I am now in the market for another phone, and I really miss the keyboard on the BB, so I am looking at the Q10.  It seems that the support options (if one can call them that) are entirely absent from BB itself -- I am directed by the support page to contact the provider through whom I purchased the phone.  As I am loathe to do so through TELUS, based on past experience, I am looking at buying an unlocked phone outright, but I do not feel that I can trust Amazon or the other listed providers to give me anything like a useful support experience either.

Is BB support really this bad?  What is the policy and procedure that customers are expected to take if they purchase a malfunctioning phone?  Is there anyone in this supply chain willing to take responsibility for malfunctioning handhelds?

Any clarification of how one would deal with a malfunctioning handset would be welcome.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Q10 Hardware support

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please see this "sticky" post, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................