Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Q10 - How to copy and paste text

cannot agree more. the price of getting a larger screen,more toys and a better camera is losing the productivity functions all together. seems like q10 is not so much a considerate upgrade for loyal bb users as RIM's attempt to get a share in the smartphone market
Contributor
My Device: Q10

well, it is more like abandoning the traditional users and approaching the ipod users

My Carrier: 447711919982

Yes, I have found the same thing.

But am I the only person whose fingers are too large to be able to see what the text on the screen when you're trying to drag the dots to highlight the text?

Has anyone discovered an easy way to cancel the selection and start again when you're far off target with the selection?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor
My Carrier: CM

I'm facing the same problem ! This is stupid function and time spend for us ! No idea why BB have such development !!!!! Smiley Mad

Spooky216 wrote:

Thanks. It's a bit rubbish though. Took me 20 minutes to try to select text - in the end I had to select more than I wanted as it is not very precise at all and pasted it into an email and then deleted back the extra bits I didnt want.

Definitely nowhere as accurate, easy or reliable as my previous BB Bold.

Hopefully the powers that be will find a better way to use this very necessary and basic function.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Verizon

Same here. New Q10 user and I cannot paste into an empty space?

If I press and hold there, the selection bars come up small. 

Then holding again, no 'Paste' prompt appears!

Also, what is the circle that appears on a double press?

Super Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Q10 - How to copy and paste text => circle

The circle you describe is your precision cursor control.  Drag the circle around the screen if you need to reposition the cursor.  Also tap the circle edge to advance the cursor by one character in any direction.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Q10 - How to copy and paste text => circle

Gotcha. Still no idea how to paste at the beginning of a line. It is faster to retype everything. There is no key to bring up the paste menu.
Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bouygues & Orange

Rubbish is harsh. But the process is imprecise, time-consuming and clearly requires reviewing.
Christopher - Passport & iPhone 6
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Q20 Classic, Q10, PlayBook*1
My Carrier: EE UK for Q10/20

Hi everyone,

I. Was also frustrated with the Cut/Paste function, until I increased the size of the text to 11/12, now I can 

C/P, it is still a wee bit hit and miss, but sometimes we have to move with the developments.

There are other niggles which hopefully BB will sort out, but they have **bleep** off some core users, until a software upgrade comes along - enjoy

Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: Bouygues & Orange

Thanks - this is a great idea for a temporary fix - I'm giving it a try ASAP. I enjoy using my Q10 but am a bit bleeped off as you kindly say with the imperfections here and there that just make using the Q10 difficult at times.
Christopher - Passport & iPhone 6