Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

Q10 How to delete emails

I have a new Q10 and I can't find anywhere how to delete received emails. In my Curve one it was very simple, there is a fonction to suppress previous emails, nothing like that in the Q10, as far as I could see up to now.  Anybody could help me? Many thanks!

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Re: Q10 How to delete emails

Hello. To simply delete an email, from the BlackBerry Hub - hold onto the email you would like to delete, and hit the "Delete" which pops up at the right hand corner of the email
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
Super Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

If you are looking at the email.... just press the keyboard delete key (above the enter key).

You can also delete multiple mails at once.... to to the hub.  Press and hold on an email and tap the checkbox above the trash can.  Just scoll and tap the emails you want to be removed.

My Carrier: 41793320938

Sadly this "solution" is for how to delete a single mail, and does not address the issue that my Hub is clogged with numerous Sent Items that i would have to delete individually, rather than utilising the Prior To delete function. so now i am supposed to spend 48 hours pressing buttons like a monkey rather than someone spending 4hrs copying and pasting the previous code into the new OS and letting us delete? 

why at all should a business device get full after only six months of use anyway? somewhat disheartening for a diehard blackberry user...

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

If you go to the Hub and press the icon for the email account in question, you then press the account name at the top (in blue writing) and select which items you wish to delete all of (Inbox, Sent, etc.). If you press and hold the date at the top of the list, a Delete Prior icon will appear at the very bottom of that menu. This will work for anything you wish to delete in multiples, including Sent Items to which you eluded. If you wish to delete all items from, say, a week ago, scroll down to that date and press and hold it. All items newer than that date will remain there.

I hope that clarifies things. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Sprint

Thank you so much, Bill. So helpful!
rgs
My Device: q10
My Carrier: verizon

I want to delete a number of emails at once but don't want to select them one at a time.  I also don't want to have to delete all emails before a certain date chosen, or all emails from a certain date.  For example, if I want to delete forty emails in a row on a certain date, but keep others on that date, I'd like to be able to scroll and highlight those ten emails then press delete (verus having to select each one at a time).  I used to be able to do that with earlier blackberry's, but I can't with my q10.  Can I do that?

rgs
My Device: q10
My Carrier: verizon

should have said forty emails the second time
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700, Q-!)
My Carrier: T-Mobile

This was driving me crazy too but I think I figured it out.   Go to the hub, click on the mailbox you want to work in.  Gently touch and hold for a nano-second on an email you'd like to delete, but don't open it.   A black vertical sidebar will appear and on that, above the trash symbol will be a wite square with a check mark.  Tap that and then continue to scroll and touch other emails you want to delete.  They will highlight.  Then touch the trash symbol and delete.  It took me some time to get the "touch" rather than "tap" thing correct.  And I've only deleted 5 at a time - but hopefully  with practice I can do more.

I only wish they had taken the 9700 Bold and made it G4/LTE and enlarged the screen and app capabiities...It was simple, efficient, and user friendly....The Q10 takes a little getting used to.  I nearly threw it out the window, but after some help from T-Mobile support and a complete hard-wipe, whatever software issues it had have gone away and it works rather well.  However, in my book (6 year Blackberry user, 17 year computer user) - too much is too much.  Keep it simple!