Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Q10 Multiple Texts

My Blackberry Q10 has suddenly started sending multiple texts to recepients.  Sometimes there are multiple recipients on a message, who do appear twice once I hit send (they are def. only once when i create the message)

I have noticed that when there are double messages, the MMS indicator is on.

Any ideas how to make that stop?

I have tried creating a whole new message rather than reply to a thread - to no avail. It looks like it was only sent once, but once the message shows within a conversation, the contact does appear twice.

I have also tried shutting down, taking out the battery and rebooting.

Some of my conversation threads contain relevant and needed information, so i am loathe to delete threads. But the double messaging is starting to irritate the folks getting them twice.  Thanks in advance for any ideas.

New Contributor

Re: Q10 Multiple Texts

This isn't an answer, Molly. I wanted to "ditto" your problem, but a REPLY is the only way I could find to do that.

I am having the same problem. It began yesterday, immediately after upgrading the OS (OTA) to 10.1.0.4189. Also on Verizon.

New Contributor

Oh, yes, i forgot - i upgraded the software a few days ago. And did find that FINALLY you could quickly delete texts rather than that annoying 10 year hang time.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10 was a Curve 9330

I am having this probem also. So, If someone has a solution, like RIM or Blackberry, it would be much appreciated.

I start out having one contact and then the contact replicates itself in the message. NOT acceptable.

These phones were supposed to be better than what we had. I miss my Curve 9330. the trackball cracked. That was the only reason I upgraded.

My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Everytime I text in a Group text message I not only see my own texts as an outgoing text, I also get it as an incoming text as well. How do I stop this?

New Contributor

I would be lying if I told you haw to fix the problem. I have no idea.

I wish they didn't change the shortcuts.

I'm not happy with the phone. I just become more tolerant that it is not my first choice. I feel it is more like my only choice.
New Contributor

I knew that if I deleted the texts the problem wouldn't come back when I started a new conversation. I didn't want to permanently lose messages to/from my fiancee, so I backed them up first with SMS Backup ($1.99 from BB World). After that, I deleted the texts and started fresh. No problems after that.

BB should have made a fix to this, but I'm unwilling to wait months or years.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/27686935/?countrycode=US&lang=en

New Contributor

BlackBerry needs to make many fixes. I had minimal problems with my Curve, other than it was slow. When these phone came out, everything should have worked. We are the customers that are still loyal to BB. They should be wanting to keep us.
LSW
New Contributor

Molly, did you find a solution to your MMS problem? Haven't seen any solution to the duplicate SMS to recipients yet. I have deleted chats, reset text in SMS mode, turned off phone, nothing works.

New Contributor

Unfortunately, i was told the only solution is to delete the chat and start over. That seemed to work, though i have noticed that it happens when text volume gets lengthy.  What was maddening is i recently had to replace my Blackberry, and when i got the new one, this issue started again on the 3rd day i had it - as soon as the software upgrade appeared on the Hub. Why i'd get sent a model that didn't have the latest software right out the gate was frustrating. Sorry i don't have a better solution!