Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Q 10
My Carrier: Orange France

Q10 Notifications problem

Hi everybody !

I got my new Blackberry Q10, one week ago and I am having problems with the notifications. 

When I turn on my phone it's working well for a time then all stops. Notifications are not ringing, bell too, I can't see who's sending me notifications...

I have to go on the contact or in the text message to see if I got an answer from somebody...

If I turn off the phone and turn on again it's working again but just for a while and I have to turn off again and re-turn on to got new text messages....

I tried to reboot, to reinstall, to reset? nothing happen. It's really frustrating !!!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Q10 Notifications problem

Hello Dhalster and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with your sound notifications. 

What software version is your BlackBerry Q10 running? Check under Settings>About>OS.

Does this seem to occur with text messaging or all messages - emails, Facebook, Twitter etc?

Are you using the standard tones or did you select custom tones?

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: blackberry Q10
My Carrier: o2

Sorry to jump on your post but I am also experiencing problems with my notification alerts. I am running OS 10.1.0.273 and am using standard tones. I may have selected say a reminder tone for my texts but they are the standard BlackBerry Q10 tones. Could this be the problem due to using a mismatch in tone for the notification type?
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: O2

I got the same issue sporadically on my Q10, OS 10.1.0.1483.

Notifications are not to be heard and seen some times, only if I go e. g. into the Text messages or Whatsapp, email or Facebook they turn up.

Contributor
My Carrier: Vodacom

there are many bugs related to Hub and notifications, hopefully BB sort these out in an update (soon), they are aware of the issues as far as I know.
Contributor
My Device: blackberry Q10
My Carrier: o2

Just checked and i'm actually running OS 10.1.0.172 software version 10.1.0.273
New Contributor
My Carrier: telus

i am also having the same problems, ready to throw this phone out or trade in for anything else.  Its a WORK phone and cant do what i could do with my Torch.  Very uncool the company would launch before it is ready, very poor phone so far

TNL
New Contributor
My Carrier: rogers

I agree on this issue.  Sometimes  the indicator light flashes that I have a message, whether it be BBM, text, email, etc., but most times I don't and I have go to the hub to see if there are any messages.  is this a glitch with this phone? It sure is annoying when I fully anticipated that, like my old phone, I had to check using the same process for messages. Is there fix for this? rebooting didn't help. OI!

Solutions: 6,378
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

TNL wrote:

I agree on this issue.  Sometimes  the indicator light flashes that I have a message, whether it be BBM, text, email, etc., but most times I don't and I have go to the hub to see if there are any messages.  is this a glitch with this phone? It sure is annoying when I fully anticipated that, like my old phone, I had to check using the same process for messages. Is there fix for this? rebooting didn't help. OI!

Could be a new comment in the BBM pictures, or a group chat, etc., which does not show up in the Hub.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Leap upgraded from Z10
My Carrier: Telus (moved from Rogers)

Mine flashes only for a while then stops. Don’t know for how long.
laraim1