Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Q10: Problem syncing phone contacts into whatsapp! HELP!

Hi All,

Just picked up a New Q10 Blackberry, dowloaded the latest Whatsapp 2.9.6518.1, but my contacs will not sync.

I've clicked refresh on the contacts ten times already and have even given the app 24 hours to allow for a delayed sync but still NOTHING. 

The app works fine as friends are still messaging me but only their numbers appear!

My phone's contacts list is synced with my hotmail/outlook email account? Maybe whatsapp can't identify them and this is the problem??

Eitherway its really annoying and has taken the shine off having the new handset.

PLEASE HELP!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Q10: Problem syncing phone contacts into whatsapp! HELP!

Same problem here! I have deleted and re-installed also + refreshed (10x) ..does not work. My wife's Q10 works fine, bought the same day, on the same carrier??
New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

Click on Following:

System Settings

then, Security and Privacy

then, Application Permissions

then, WhatsApp

Turn Location: ON

Contacts : ON

Email & PIN Messages: ON

Shared Files: ON

Text Messages: ON

Device Identifying : ON

Microphone: ON

Then go back into Whatsapp, refresh contacts and Give it 24 hours and all your contacts will appear. Switching WIFI ON can speed up the process.

My Device: blackberry q10
My Carrier: ee

that worked perfectly, thank you after googling for 20 minutes and trying all sorts of other peoples methods this is the one. once again thanks 

My Device: BlackBerry Q10
My Carrier: 07866 923390

[ Edited ]

Whatsapp struggles to sync with BlackBerry contacts that are sourced elsewhere, it is most comfortable using the in-built address book. So what I found to work is:- **Create a NEW contact using Whatsapp format  **Go to sourced contact (i.e. the one with the Facebook pic on it) and unlink it from everything **Come out and search for that person so you will have 2 of that contact, make sure the contact with the picture on it doesn't have any phone numbers attached to it and that they are all stored under the new one you created **Then go to the new contact and link it with the old one. Hey presto, it should now work!

Mod Edit: Edited post to comply with the Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use