Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Q10 Problems

I use BB for 10 years - but I never had the problems I have currently with Q10:

! also have to battery heating problem - read a lot no fix availible - return seems the only option.

I also have the server connectivity problem. My problem is, that the email come in only once, after that I always get the error, that a connection to the server is not possible, but from the zimbra server side everything is ok.

I also have the problem of a very slow reaction compaired with my old bb of the keypad, aps, phone and contacts.

I think it is not good, that saved messages are not importet, my password keeper is not improtet, the shortcuts like quick call from one button are not availible.

PLEASE HELP with the connectivity problem, what else can I try?

Johannes Pepelnik

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Q10 import messages

The battery problem gets solved if the message is solved.

My problem was that my provder did not delete my instantemail account and I had to get emails with active sync.

Further I was reminded that Active sync should be turned from push to an interval when using it abroad.

But what still very much bothers me that my old email and saved messages are not reinstalled. I have an entiere save of the old bb buit they are not importt into the q10.

My Device: BB-Q10 & SQN100-2
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Q10 Problems

[ Edited ]

Hello!

Here is year October 2015 and I have [ALL] the EXACT SAME problems on my 1st and, now, new, non-refurbished, 2nd Q10. As well, I have the most recent big 6.3.2.556 OS update installed. The 2nd Q10 was sent due to the first one having damaged due to an automoblile accident. It is important to note that the replacement 2nd Q10 has MORE issues and problems than the first Q10.

Srvc provider Verizon tech level had me on a call for 3 hrs checking configs and testing -- they did not repair one problem I demanded they connect me with Blackberry in Asia, who issue a Case Number; moreover, promised to call me back in 24 hours, but DID NOT. After a 1 hour and 43 minute redundant teleconference they could not resolve any of the problems; not one as the tech was NOT familiar with the Q10 at all.

Battery discharge problem on Q10 #2, which I did not have on Q10 #1. The URGENT problem is email sync AND connectivity with all Outlook and Hotmail clients. [PUSH set to On] But from the GMAIL side everything is ok. Also important issue: very slow reaction keypad, apps, phone and contacts.

Verizon Tech and BB Tech will no longer be involved in this case.

I am at my wit's end.

Thank you in advance, sincerely,

@CarloPenaII

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I'm not quite sure what this means...

carlopena-73982 wrote:
As well I have the most recent big 6.3 OS update installed.

I have never seen an OS value like that. They are always 4 octets, never merely 2, and always start with 10 as the first octet. So I have no idea what that means.

Also, do please understand that "the most recent" is a different value for different people. BB releases their approved OS updates to the entire world at the same time. But, BB only controls a small fraction of the final approval cycle for release to end users. Typically, the carriers retain that control, and some are quicker than others to do so. Hence, it is always likely that one user will have a different "most recent" OS than another, even on the same device but on different carriers.

Consequently, it is always best to reveal your actual OS level, all 4 octets, and not the useless (here) Software Release value.

In any event, we have no way to know what troubleshooting they did with you. But if they did not fix it, then you certainly should be continuing your formal case with them. As such, it would not be wise for us to try and intervene...you already are receiving formal support, and should continue with that channel.

If you wish to abandon formal support and seek informal user-to-user guidance here, then please first document ALL that has already been tried. We'd not like to waste your time with redundant advice.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: BB-Q10 & SQN100-2
My Carrier: Verizon

Hello sdgardne -- my original post is updated to the extent practical, answering the two questions in your response-post. a) Verizon tech proceeded with only rudimentary configuration questions, which I had already checked. b) BB tech did not perform one (1) test, as person, unfortunately, is admittedly new, and was not, at all, familiar with the Q10 device.

Regards from Boston!
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

carlopena-73982 wrote:

Verizon Tech and BB Tech will no longer be involved in this case.

OK, so you wish to abandon your formal support and seek help from the volunteers here. That's fine. But do note that everything here in this forum is NOT official, has no guarantees, and is 100% volunteer contributed to try and help you out.

As for your revised original post, here are some extractions and questions/recommendations.

carlopena-73982 wrote:
As well, I have the most recent big 6.3.2.556 OS update installed.

That remains an invalid number. Refer:

Again, the first octet will always be "10"...there has never been an OS for BB10 that starts with "6" in that position. Further, given the remaining octets, I fear you are looking at the "Software Release" value, which I stated earlier is useless. Please look carefully (as per the above KB) for the true OS value, for that is what is useful to us here.

carlopena-73982 wrote:

Srvc provider Verizon tech level had me on a call for 3 hrs checking configs and testing -- they did not repair one problem I demanded they connect me with Blackberry in Asia, who issue a Case Number; moreover, promised to call me back in 24 hours, but DID NOT. After a 1 hour and 43 minute redundant teleconference they could not resolve any of the problems; not one as the tech was NOT familiar with the Q10 at all.

I still cannot tell what they actually had you do or not do. But I will make a risky assumption that they didn't have you actually change anything. No WIPE, no OS reload, no configuration changes, nothing. I hope my guess is correct...if it is not, then the risk is that I will give you guidance that is both wrong as well as very destructive to your situation.

carlopena-73982 wrote:

Battery discharge problem on Q10 #2, which I did not have on Q10 #1.

I'm not sure I see any further details about that. Can you describe the exact symptoms regarding this problem?

carlopena-73982 wrote:
The URGENT problem is email sync AND connectivity with all Outlook and Hotmail clients. [PUSH set to On] But from the GMAIL side everything is ok.

So all GMail configured accounts are working fine, but you have two other email accounts? One "Outlook" and the other "Hotmail"? Or are you referring to the same thing there (either Outlook.com or Hotmail.com, which are all the same thing now since MS merged them together)? And what exactly is happening? You don't state any symptoms of a problem, but only that you have PUSH set to ON...I can't correlate that with any problem you reported...

In any event, please do the following. With a strong carrier network signal (e.g., not merely WiFi), I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (step 1 should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration successful" message to appear

2) Reboot

• Pre-BB10 Devices ONLY. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes.
  • BB10 Devices. Hold the top button down until the counter reaches zero. Wait for the device to be fully shut down (e.g., nothing at all displayed on the screen, no LED lights, etc.). Hold the top button until the red LED is lit. Wait through the full boot-up process. IF this fails, you can attempt the battery-pull method above, but it is normally NOT recommended unless nothing else works.
  • See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should try deleting and re-adding your configurations for the affected email accounts. And, for Hotmail/Outlook.com, you can use the full on-device wizard...it integrates those accounts just fine (I have one, so I know for sure) as ActiveSync, which is the best way to integrate any account if it's available from the provider. You don't need to do anything with the manual configuration steps.

Good luck and let us know!

PS -- whenever you edit a post, please make sure we can tell the difference between original and edited content. Highlighting the text in a different color is the easiest way to do that.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................