Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Q10 Protect

OK, let me check on a couple things and get back with you.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Play (PL) & Comviq (SE)

I don't know what happened but I've just checked and my BlackBerry Protect is working! Thank you @jsanders for your replies. We can keep the topic open in case anyone else experience similar issue.
Highlighted

Good luck.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Forums Advisor I
My Device: BlackBerry®PRIV
My Carrier: EE. UK

Hi

You say you had data on your Curve. I hope you are aware that the BlackBerry Curve & Q10 do not use the same data.

If I were you I would call my Network Service Provider and make sure that BlackBerry Internet Services has been cancelled and removed from your account. Then make sure you have an ordinary Internet data allowance.

If BlackBerry Protect works while connected to wifi, then it is allowed in your region. If it does not work when wifi is switched off. It means you don't have an active data plan.

When you have an active data plan or are connected to wifi. BlackBerry Protect will automatically switch on.

You will know if you have an active data plan, as 4 Dots will be in the top right corner.

As already said. Call your Network make sure BIS has been cancelled and removed from your account and buy a Internet data allowance.

Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)

craigashy wrote:

As already said. Call your Network make sure BIS has been cancelled and removed from your account and buy a Internet data allowance.

Craig, scroll up the user's last post... it's already working.

Sometimes Protect honestly just needs a couple days to connect and register the device on the servers. This is not an issue of BIS vs normal data plans.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hello guys,

I encounter the same problem in Czech Republic with T-Mobile (on my Q10). The BBRY Protect web site says again and again "A device isn’t associated with BlackBerry Protect. To add a device to this account, on a device running BlackBerry 10 OS, swipe from the top of the home screen. Tap Settings > Protect. Turn on BlackBerry Protect. ". And of course I did all the steps many times. On device side everything went well. However it does not work on BBRY Protect side, it seems.... embarasing. Hmm I have bought BBRY becaouse of security....

Smiley Sad

Have a nice day

Ivan

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Are you using the same bbid on the device that you are logging into on the web?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hello John, yes. And believe or not I have solved it already. When web site protect.blackberry.com showed that message I logged-in (with the same BBID) to Blackberry Link on my desktop (connected to Internet) instead. Being connected to Link I logged-in Protect site again and bingo - the phone was recognised as my device and protect functions work. Hmm. Thank you for support. Have a nice day. Ivan
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Glad to hear you solved it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!