Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: Q10

Q10: Signature List to Add "Answer Button" Functionality

Dear Q10 users and BlackBerry management/developers:

As we are aware, many of the early adopters of the Q10 are frustrated with some the "functionality/features" and many of us think that BlackBerry has indeed taken a step backwards with this new device, or at the very least, a step too close to the various touch screen phones on the market, like the iPhone or the Samsungs.

One of the key features we are worried about is the lack of ability to answer th phone, without sliding a finger on the screen.

Needless to say this is not only a very manual and labor intensive way of ansering the phone, it will be downright impossible to actually do in the winter, with gloves on.

Therefore, we are hereby calling on the BlackBerry technical team to please add the ability to answer the phone calls by pushing a button on the phone (personally, I would pick the large Space key at the bottom, but there may be other preferences, and the functionality is more important, than the exact button used.

All those of you who agree with this new feature, please submit a short "reply" and click "like" to show BBY that this is a feature we would welcome (preferably prior to the glove season) 

Thank you and enjoy your devices

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10

Re: Q10: Signature List to Add "Answer Button" Functionality

I hereby confirm the need for an answer button.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Leaving Q10 for the 9900

Most definitiely!

Highlighted
My Carrier: EE

Yes it is ludicrous that one can't press a button to answer a call on a button phone...and it is **bleep** awkward also.

My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: 8144401449

The button to answer the phone is A MUST HAVE. Answering with gloves, or if you are an older adopter, with reading glasses, bifocals, etc. is almost impossible. Already lost several valuable call since purchasing phone 3 days ago
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Mobiltel

Totally agree! Example: A - for Answer, Delete - for Reject.

New Contributor
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: T-Mobile PL

Better will be "space" for answer, "power" to reject and "space" for end of call. Smiley Happy

New Contributor
My Carrier: Internode

I add my voice to the request for an answer button!  Android and iOS devices both off options to assign a hardware key to answer or reject calls, it's utterly ridiculous that a phone which sells purely because of its hardware keys doesn't offer the same. 

Note: It wouldn't be so bad if the Answer swipe gesture was a) able to be achieved with one hand and b) worked reliably. I missed 3 out 4 calls yesterday purely because the slider will not stay with my finger allll the way across to the part of the screen which, apparently, it needs to get to to register an answer!