Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Unlocked

Q10 Went dead within 4 hours of use

I bought a new Unlocked Q10 from someone off craigslist a day back. It was a brand new phone that was not delivered to the recepient as they refused to pay taxes / duty. 

So this was sold to me. I am guessing this device was bought quite a few months back. Anyway so I bought this and I did an upgrade to 10.2 and also performed a backup from my previous Z10's bbb file. After all these updates, the phone felt warm. So I decided to pull off the battery for the night. 

When I woke up this morning and put the battery back on, the phone refused to turn on. Not even the LED lights came on. I plugged it into the wall charger, but still there was no response. The phone also does not get detected via USB. (So I cant do a reload software via BB Link). 

I just pulled out the battery and connected it to the wall charger and pressed the power button about 10 times. Finally the orange light came on. But as soon as I put the battery, the LED light goes off and the phone feels dead. 

Could this be a battery issue? Or since it hasnt been used for a long time, has the internal battery drained out?

Please help me out. 

Thanks in Advance. 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Q10 Went dead within 4 hours of use

I would definitely try another battery, if possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

And, if you've inserted a SIM card or media card, try removing both for this below:

Leave connected to the known working wall outlet charger with the battery in to charge a few hours.

Leaving the charger connected, remove and reinsert the battery. What happens?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I have left it on charge since 26 hours now. But no signs of life on my Q10. Every 3-4 hours I pull out the battery, but it still stays dead and not even the LED light flashes. 

Occasionally when I press the power button about 10 times with the battery oulled out, the orange light comes on. But this does not happen always when I pull out the battery and press the power button. 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I would try another battery.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

I would probably do that if nothing else works. Unfortunately I have to buy a new battery to try this experiment.
Guru II

Can you get to a retail store and see if you can just get one to try?

New Contributor

Most of the stores dont carry the Q10 anymore. I walked into bestbuy, target but could not find anything there..

My other question is.. if the battery is dead. shouldnt the LED light turn on when the charger is plugged in without the battery?

Guru II

It probably should. The device may have failed but testing with a known good battery will give us the answer.

Contributor
My Device: BB Z10 - BB 9790
My Carrier: Wind Italy

Hi Sandeep,

I have the same problem as you now....Where u able to solve in some way?

I tried also another original battery, but it didn't work at all....same thing: yellow led, but only without battery!!