Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Q 10
My Carrier: Q10

Q10 Wont Delete My Emails On The Serve?

I want to delete email messages from the blackberry q10 in the my  mail Hotmail but not to be deleted from the Hotmail server.
Whenever  I want to browse email from my computer at a later time.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Q10 Wont Delete My Emails On The Serve?

Hey rednet,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

On BlackBerry 10 smartphones, you can not delete messages just from the device only.  It will remove the messages from the mail server as well.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Re: Q10 Wont Delete My Emails On The Serve?

The setting for Delete On Handheld is gone on BB10 devices, however some email services such as Gmail have a setting through a web browser to enable archiving when you delete emails.

I have two Outlook.com email accounts, which both are on my Z10 with all folders set to sync. I cannot find the setting to archive vs delete (which sends to deleted or trash) on the server, yet one of my Outlook.com accounts has a folder called archive.

Double check settings via you're browser after logon to your hotmail to see if there is any archive setting, even if there is test with 3 "test" emails to ensure it works as expect,. Of course you can search for an alternative email account service but you'll want to test then as well.

If I find a solution using hotmail or outlook I'll reply back tomorrow, if nothing by then, I haven't found a solution.
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Q10 Wont Delete My Emails On The Server?

That isn't what I am experiencing. When I delete an email on my Q10 from a gmail account, when I go to my personal laptop and open up Oulook, I have to re-delete all of my emails, which is very annoying and time consuming. How do I synch the deleting?
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9370
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Q10 Wont Delete My Emails On The Server?

Some email accounts take a loooong time for deletions to sync. Some don't carry through at all. 

I have multiple subfolders for each email account I use. I often file messages into these folders and I also have my Q10 set NOT to show filed messages. This at least removes it from the screen on my Q10. Where this fails to carry through is if I file  a message into a subfolder on my desktop computer. The message remians in my BlackBerry Hub on my Q10, but it's displayed lighter than the original to indicate it's been filed. Unfortunately that filing doesn't carry though to the Q10 and I have to manually file it on my BlackBerry to make the message disappear. 

On my Apple iCloud email account everything sync almost instantaneously. So it's on a case-by-case basis.