Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Q10 & Z10 OS version updates run parallel? - Vodacom South Africa

Hi, can someone please confirm if OS updates run parallel for both these phones?

In south africa (Vodacom), I have a Z10 with os ver 10.1.0.4633 and a friend of mine has Q10 with version 10...2 (something). When he requests an OS update, it says it's up to date.

I'm assuming the only difference is the physical phone, but the OS the same, so it makes sense to me that the OS updates are parallel for both handsets?

Thanks.

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Q10 & Z10 OS version updates run parallel? - Vodacom South Africa

Your friend on OS 10.2 has likely installed a beta operating system leaked by one of the blogs or fansites.

Device operating system releases are "released" by specific carriers once they have certified and trained their support techs, but still, you are able to load to any carrier's same model by following the instructions below.

So, the releases are not always parallel, but often are developed in parallel by BlackBerry. When that update is released by your carrier is up to the carrier.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Q10 & Z10 OS version updates run parallel? - Vodacom South Africa

Firstly, apologies. I meant my friend has os ver 10.1.0.2(something), not 10.2 beta.

Oh I definitely know he's not capable of sideloading any unreleased version LOL

You have however answered my question. I suspect the carrier only releases the Q10 os update later possibly due to the Q10 phone being released into the market here later.

Thank you for responding and I'll take a look at his phone and try assist him.