Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10 & PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Q10 and BlackBerry Bridge

My new Q10 phone and PlayBook are bridged and working for the most part.  However in the bridge on the tablet I only have a readme file and none of the texts, bbm's, emails, tasks etc as with my old 9800 Torch.  What's the deal?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

New Contributor
My Device: 9780, 9900, Z10, Q10, & a Playbook, and many others in the drawer ;-)
My Carrier: Rogers & SaskTel in Regina

Re: Q10 and BlackBerry Bridge

Yup, thats the way it is on BB10 - for now... Basically it just allows you to use the internet connection from your Q10 on your playbook, and the remote control. No bridge connection to your PIM functions yet.

New Contributor

Sugar! Thanks for the info! ;D
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T Mobile EE

I have the same problem too Smiley Sad you mentioned no bridge connection to pim functions yet?! When will Q10 customers be able to receive full blackberry bridge services, I miss not being able to reply to text messages an BBM on my BlackBerry.....

CTEvans
New Contributor

Yeah was a major suprise and bummer...wud have thought that wud have been figured out before releasing the Q10.  Miss my 9800 too...lol!

New Contributor

Oopss Rd-quote #i miss not being able to reply to text msges and BBM on my PLAYBOOK/Blackberry bridge..

CTEvans
New Contributor
My Device: 9870
My Carrier: Koodo

Any idea whenthis might be fixed?  I am not going to get a q10 until they fix it. 

New Contributor

Hi, your guess is as good as mine, I read an article few weeks back that Blackberry bosses are no longer going to update the playbook software to meet with the new 10 Blackberry model phones, which is rather frustrating and very disappointing if this is true? No body has really come back to me regarding this. I do love my Q10 but I really do miss the connection via blackberry bridge on my playbook (only got over xmas) it was so much more convenient having the bridge via my previous phone, some of my work colleagues have left Q and Z10 back to iPhone purely because of the link with an ipad Smiley Sad I really do hope Blackberry bridge sort out a software update soon for playbook/new blackberry model phones or they will have an outrage of very unhappy customers, fingers cross for us they do get the software/bridge sorted hey, can only wait I suppose......... ??????

CTEvans
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: AT & T

I just received my phone a couple of weeks ago.  I really like.  I am totally bummed learning this might not get fixed.  Maybe if we keep complaining, we might receive....I don't want to go back to my bold, but it is always there as a backup.

New Contributor

RU kidding me...they won't bridge the functions...was so cool to use your tablet for text and bbm.  Brutal.  On another note I downloaded an update for my Q10 which rendered it useless as a phone.  Took it to our local shop and they downloaded another update...12hrs later still useless as a phone.  Think BlackBerry is definitely going down...they have lost their edge.  Back on my Torch while Q10 goes in for a software reload.  Really don't care anymore...depending on how it comes back will probably just cut my losses and get something that works. And that's a wrap! lol!