Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Q10 and Microsoft Exchange Server

Please help!

I got the Q10 back in May. The IT at my work is not going to upgrade the server to support the BES10 and has no plans on doing so in the near future. All I am told is they will not support the Q10 or Z10 models. So I had to reactivate my bold 9900 after a few days and the Q10 is gathering dust on a shelf.

However, we do have external access to our email account through microsoft exchange and I know my colleagues with iphones have an application that allows them to sychronize with their work accounts via the exchange. Does the Q10 have anything similar or is anything in development? If not, I may have to sell the Q10 and move on as my 9900 is kaput.

Many thanks in advance for any help!!

My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Q10 and Microsoft Exchange Server

Hi jlkb78 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

If Microsoft ActiveSync is available on the Exchange server, you can add your email to your BlackBerry Q10!  From Settings>Accounts, click on Add Account then click on the Advanced button at the bottom of the screen then choose ActiveSync.  Enter the information to add the email account!

Let me know if that helps.

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Hi there- thanks a million for responding. My company is on BES 5- I thought BES5 does not offer active sync and requires a MAPI setup?

My Device: Not Specified

You don't need to activate your BB10 on the old BES server.  Simply have your IT person enable active sync on your account, then you can activate your account on your BB10.  All you need to know is the external email webserver.  It's just like activating an iphone/android with active sync.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

if on exchange 2000 or lower you are not going to be able to use active sync.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V