Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Q10 and Outlook Sync 2 ways

to JSanders: is there a user manual page or tutorial on the Outlook downloading somewhere? 

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Ackers wrote:

Thanks JSanders.  I've followed that but it tells me there are 1085 contacts to be transferred, which suggests its going to duplicate what has already been transferred.  I have only added about 5 new contacts/calendae items since i did the first transfer three days ago.  So i haven't hit next as i dont want duplicates.  Is that right?

It will create duplicatesplus the new ones.

So do this:

1. MAKE CERTAIN you have ALL of your contacts in your Outlook, correctly. Nothing new on your Q10.
  2. On the Q10, from the main screen swipe down from the top bezel to the Settings > Accounts.
  3. On the Accounts screen, touch the lower right three dots overflow icon.
  4. Click the CLEAR LOCAL CONTACTS. This will delete all your LOCAL contacts, not any contacts which SYNC between any email accounts like gmail, yahoo, etc. It will delete those you have previously transferred from Outlook.

Now, you can perform the entire contacts one-way transfer from Outlook to the Z10.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE

Thanks JSanders.   Gosh, bit laborious to say the least! (Not to say risky as i edit/add contacts on both PC and BB).   Not your fault i know, but they really need to sort this syncing ASAP.  Anyway, thanks again.

I agree, but they've stated it'll be completely sorted for two -way syncing in about two weeks, I believe.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: 9700 (Q10 given to missus)
My Carrier: Zain

I've saved this thread's weblink.  JS - many thanks for your help.  Be grateful if you could please update us here when the 2-way sync comes.  Just bought my Q10 yesterday, and it's still in its box now that I've seen this thread.  Hopefully 2-way sync will be possible without a change of unit. 

If Blackberry decides to make the sync more cumbersome than before - i.e. through Cloud or something, instead of a simple cable connection - then I'll give back my new Q10 and get a non-BB unit. 

The physical keyboard and the direct Outlook sync are two unique features of Blackberry that are not found in any other handset.  (BBM now has a more successful competitor in WhatsApp.)  It beggars belief in my view why a company would ignore the few things which set it apart and which attract its customers the most, and fail to ensure that they are firmly entrenched in its new products.  That's when people who have patiently waited decide to walk.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

I completely argree with Miko on his perspective! And would also take other direct steps on product used if I am forced to use Cloud, rather than direct PC synchronization that was utilized regularly and effectively in the past with my, and my staff's Torch products.

I have a serious struggle on right now to get my email accounts working. Have spent serveral hours with support advisors to no avail. How does one get with an expert on the sugject on the new Q10?

And I totally agree as well.

Hopefully we're only a couple weeks away from the two way Outlook sync.

Knowledge Base Updates

jerby wrote:

I have a serious struggle on right now to get my email accounts working. Have spent serveral hours with support advisors to no avail. How does one get with an expert on the sugject on the new Q10?

Jerby, Why don't you create a separate specific thread on your issues on email setup, with all details, etc.

Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: q10
My Carrier: etisalat

after using BB for years, I hoped that they would have at least the same convenient Outlook SYNC features for the Q10;

Its extremely disappointing to read this ridiculous Q10 manual and seeing this useless LINK programm instead of the previous professional outlook way sync desktop

CarloMondi wrote:

after using BB for years, I hoped that they would have at least the same convenient Outlook SYNC features for the Q10;

Its extremely disappointing to read this ridiculous Q10 manual and seeing this useless LINK programm instead of the previous professional outlook way sync desktop

They will!

Just not this week.

Knowledge Base Updates