Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Visitor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

Q10 and multiple shared Google Calendars?

I tried searching on this support forum for answers to my question but could not find any.

I am currently using the BB9930. The device was more than adequate for my purposes even though the lack of apps was always a sore spot. However, the one lack of functionality that I could not compromise was the BB9930's lack of support for displaying multiple Google Calendars that are shared with me. I recognize that I can create a new Google account and have that account's Calendar display on my device, but I am not interested in that. I need to be able to view the Calendars of other Google accounts that are shared with my Google account.

This lack of functionality is turning out to be a dealbreaker for me. I switched temporarily to a Motorola XPRT but that device's keyboard was just not as good, the phone was sluggish, etc. I've switched back to the BB9930 but am planning to switch either to an Android non-keyboarded phone or to the Q10.

Whether I switch to a Q10 is really dependent on whether it supports multiple shared Google Calendars but I can't seem to find a straightforward answer to this question. Can any current Q10 users tell me whether this is possible in their experience? Thanks so much for your help.

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Q10 and multiple shared Google Calendars?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

My memory tells me that the answer remains no...only the primary gmail user calendar can be displayed, and no other calendars associated to the same google account can be shown. I've been digging for an official KB on the matter (I am quite sure that I've recently read one, but just can't find it now!!), without success...perhaps your search will be more fruitful:

But, my memory also tells me that this is not a limitation of BlackBerry per se. Rather, it is a limitation that Google has placed onto the BlackBerry platform...which is a bit of a different twist on causality. Irrelevant from the end user perspective, but perhaps helpful when one is dealing with their frustrations over the issue (e.g., knowing who to "blame").

Your workaround solution sounds, sadly, like the proper one...create additional google accounts for a calendar-only function, and have the desired calendar be the primary within that account, integrated to the BB10 device via CALDAV:

• KB33093 How to setup Google Calendar synchronization via CalDAV on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry 10 smartphone

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................