Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Re: Q10 contacts missing / disappearing / not syncing

Yes, I am aware of the security policies to segregate work from personal however 2 co-workers which also got a replacement like me, are able to see the MSEX contacts in Whatsapp.

What they have done is sync (switch) devices using the desptop app "Blackberry Link" which I didnt do. By now I cannot do it becuase I wiped the old Bold device.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

If you export or sync those contacts and then sync them back to the personal side then Whatsapp will be able to see them. However, at that point they aren't your Exchange contacts anymore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Those contacts are NOT the GAL (Global Address List); these are my personal "Contacts" in my outlook on MSEX. I'm trying to get those to Whatsapp, not the GAL.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Doesn't matter. Whatsapp can't see contacts on the work side. You'll have to talk to your IT admin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

There should be a way to sync those contact from work to device, others did Smiley Frustrated
Guru II

If you can export then from Outlook to another email account then you can sync that account via the personal side. But Whatsapp will NOT pull them from the work side of the device. None of your coworkers pulled then form the work side either.

Highlighted
Contributor

I was able to sync via Blackberry Link...

BB-Link.png