Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: O2

Q10 does not boot and no usb connection

Hello,

my Q10 had the last OS10 version. Booting took very long about 3-5 mins after last update. The last few days i sometimes hab to re enter my SIM Pin, but worked fine. At this morning after full battery load, I had a phone call and wrote a sms, pushed the power button. When I wanted to have a look on my Q10 a few minutes later, it doesnt start over the power button?! Its complete dead, no blinking, no possibility to boot, not usb detection in BB Link?!

How could I reset the phone?any button combination?

Thanks for Help

My Carrier: T Mobile in US and Bell in Canada

Re: Q10 does not boot and no usb connection

Hi I have just joined the forum to try and solve exactly the same problem.  Just started at random.  I haven't had any problems up until now.  I can't get the phone to charge and I tried linking with my computer and it cuts in and then out.  Very frustrating.  Also looking for ideas to resolve the problem. Thanks for any help.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10 (10.3.2.2876), 9860 (7.1), Samsung S4
My Carrier: Indosat

Hi Guys

Welcome to the Community

You may try with battery pull first. Connect your device to the OEM wall charger for 15 minutes. Then remove the battery, simcard and SD Card. Leave it for another 15 minutes, and reinsert the battery only after 15 minutes.. Keep it charged during pull and re-insert process. Wait for couple minutes to see if there's any red light. It may need several attempts, so you need to patient.

If no luck, try another method. With battery inside and connected to the wall charger, push the power button for 20 seconds and see if there's blinking red light.

Please try these couple times, hopefully the phone will reboot. Otherwise, a more drastic method will be required.

Good luck and let us know the result.

Click like.jpgto thanks those who help you • If your issue solved, mark the best post in your thread as Solution message_type_solution1.gif

Self Support: Knowledge Base & Manuals

New Contributor

doesnt work.....

any other ideas?

Forums Veteran I

Try these methods. Credit to JSanders

1. How to Reload your Blackberry10 OS or

2. Upgrading OS10 devices using Autoloader

For illustration, read this article .

It need several attempts if no luck at 1st try. But if you still unable to fix it, you can claim warranty for your device (if still under warranty period).

Good luck.

Click like.jpgto thanks those who help you • If your issue solved, mark the best post in your thread as Solution message_type_solution1.gif

My Carrier: T Mobile in US and Bell in Canada

Hi Thanks for the advice. I have tried a couple of times.  I get as far as the red light coming on and the Blackberry screen then it cuts out to black again.  Frustrating.  Cant reload OS because Blackberry link wont connect.

Any further ideas?

Lee

New Contributor

i dont have even the red light blinking.....and Q10 is not detected on my PC when connected via usb.

I have warranty on the phone! I sendet it to the online shop were I bought it. I hope I get it back soon.

I have made a backup with BB Link few weeks ago. are the kontakts save in this backup? or only my settings and apps??

Forums Veteran I

Hi Lee

Sorry, that's all I know. But maybe you want to try at another pc which never install BlackBerry Link and BlackBerry Desktop Software before, as last attempt. Make sure you set 'temporary disable' your pc anti virus.

Forums Veteran I

Your can restore your contacts, setting, media and apps, as long you made Full Backup.