Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Sasktel

Re: Q10 e-mail

You Can't erase e-mails if you can't set up an e-mail account. the settings have been installed the same on every phone in the store and has worked on every phone that does not have the BB OS 10. it is not the settings it is the operating system. error received is ......log in info for smtp has changed or incorrect. error is only for BB OS 10.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10 Z10 9930

Does your SMTP server require Authentication? Or does it use the POP-before-SMTP method to authenticate?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Sasktel

all the help is appreciated but the questions are not dealing with the problem. Can someone answer why I can set my work e-mail up on ANY OTHER MAKE AND MODEL OF PHONE THAT DOES NOT USE BB OS 10. THIS MEANS I CAN SET IT UP ON ANY PHONE INCLUDING OLDER BB OS
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: TIM

Sorry to tell you...but do not loose one second more....OS 10 IS NOT WORKING with any other other email provider ( not even with Network Solutions) that MSN, GMAIL or HOTMAIL. They know perfectly about the problem and it seems they aren't interested to solve it... Sell it and go back to the Bold or Torch or defintively pass to another Brand as it looks they are doing all what they can to suicide....!!
Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I can tell you that my Q10 and my wife's Z10 do work with a Network Solutions POP account. Both also work with hosted Exchange Outlook using ActiveSync. I believe the original poster has a problem and it's probably something simple that got overlooked. As for Network Solutions you can't use the default port settings that the Q or Z pulls up, you have to use the settings described in the Network Solutions setup. These are settings for any device, not just the Q or Z. And it's simple, use port 2525 instead of 25 (default) for the SMTP port.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: TIM

Thank you for your reply. The problem is that in previous OS like in Torch or Bold I did never settle all that...it did it automatically from TIM (my provider in Italy) so really is difficult for me to understand how to do it...! Is a pity I cannot use it !! I know I may be asking you something boring...but would you be so kind to tell me exactly the settings procedire so I can start enjoying my q10 ?? Thank you very much !!
Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Without going into too much detail here is what you need to do, go to Settings, then go to Accounts, then click on the Add new account (the +@ icon on the bottom of the screen, then click on email, on next screen do not enter the email address, just click on the Advanced icon at the bottom, then click on the type of account-it sounds like you want to add a POP account so click on that, the other choice if you had a hosted Exchange Email would be ActiveSync,then fill in all the necessary fields. You may need to get from your email provider port information and other specs. If you previously had this account set up on a previous BlackBerry, if you still have it just open the setting and copy them to the new device. Hope this helps.