Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Q10 email deletion off of server

My emails on my Blackberry Q10 when I delete them on my phone it also deletes them off the server. There is no option to stop this. This is causing me real problems. It was OK on the old software but not on the 273 software.

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Q10 email deletion off of server

This has been an issue on the BlackBerry10 OS since the release in January, and has not been fixed yet.

Perhaps it will be, but BlackBerry has not commented or advised.

Meanwhile, if you are on an IMAP email server, you can choose to FILE those messages (you wanted deleted from the device but saved on your server). Once filed, those messages will not be visible on your Q10 (you might need to open your Hub > Settings > Display and "hide filed messages).

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: O2

Latest software update still does not stop this from happening. WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO FIX IT???
I thinking of going back to android.
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

This is more of a design with BES10 using ActiveSync. With ActiveSync there isn't a way to delete on handheld only.

New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: verizon

This is really outrageous that they have not fixed this issue. Someone from BB needs to be on it and giving us updates. Some little dweeb probably thought it was cute to eliminate this feature. Anyone that has multiple accounts on their BB knows they need this.

jimusna wrote:

This is really outrageous that they have not fixed this issue. Someone from BB needs to be on it and giving us updates. Some little dweeb probably thought it was cute to eliminate this feature. Anyone that has multiple accounts on their BB knows they need this.

jim, is has been commented on AND update in other threads recently, you just found one of few in which to rant.

And if you read this thread, you would notice it was not a "little dweeb", but a totally different mail sync technology.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: verizon

This is really a disaster...... this needs to get fixed. My wife loves her Android and thinks I'm crazy to even stay with BB. Maybe she is right. Not sure the keyboard is worth this kind of grief.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I wouldn't consider this "grief". This is a user preference to only delete messages on the device instead of synchronizing deletes with the mailbox. In my organization, we might have 15% of users that want this capability. I think they should just roll with the technology.

Someone might say, they rather have manual roll-down windows in their car in case there's an electrical failure and they want to open a window. That might be a preference, but that's just weird. I'm just saying.

jimusna, ALSO >> You have your mobile phone number listed as your "My Mobile Provider" or carrier. Putting your phone number out on the internet on these public forums for the world to see, is not wise. To change that, at the top of this page click on My Settings > Personal Profile > Personal Information, and in the entry block for "Carrier" type the name of your mobile provider.

Knowledge Base Updates