Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Q10 ignores individual text tones

I'm having a problem with my Q10 recognizing the individual tones I am setting for contacts when they text me. I am setting the tone correctly within the individual contact by editing their profile and pressing save. I know I am doing this properly, and I have no settings voiding my choices.
No matter what I do, even pulling my battery, my Q10 is ignoring my changes for changes in contacts text tones, and sounding the default tone. I have found people on the net having the same issue, but no one seems to know what the problem is.
Can anyone help? Is it a glitch in the OS 10?
Thanks
Retired
My Device: Z10 / 9900 / 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Q10 ignores individual text tones

Hey nebulajo.

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

The symptoms you have described sound similar to a known issue we have been investigating with our development team. At this time we do not have an ETA of when it will be resolved, but our development team is working towards a resolution as quickly as possible.

We are unaware of any workarounds at this time, but please keep your BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone up to date as much as possible. 

We appreciate your patience and understanding while we work towards a resolution for this.

Cheers.

-Sawks

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter !@BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)

New Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

Is this still a known issue? Considering changing text tones isn't even an edit option for contacts anymore after the .4181 update.
Contributor
My Carrier: Verizon

I hope the solution is not to remove the option of individual ring tones for texts. I love that feature a great deal

the ring tones would not work either but a battery reboot fixed them... I hope it will be a simple fix soon

Highlighted
My Carrier: Bell

I just got my Q10 and there is no individual text notification options. The Torch had them, how could a new phone go backwards on this? I use for work, use individual tones extensively.