Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE

Q10 keyboard unstable

Can anyone help? My Q10 has developed the infuriating habit of flicking out of wherever I'm keyboard-writing in - texts, reminders, e-mails, calendar, password, whatever - and going to another field - COMPLETELY unprompted. Worse still, it suddenly sends an e-mail before I've finished it. Recently it did this after I'd put in ONE LETTER! ('T', since you ask.) Can anyone tell me what is going on? My service provider - EE - hasn't a clue and Blackberry tell me I must pay for technical advice. On how to user their brand-new, latest model, malfunctioning phone..? I don't think so!

Rob.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Q10 keyboard unstable

Start with a battery pull; remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it. If that doesn't work, your carrier MUST either resolve the issue, replace the phone or escalate you to BlackBerry support at no charge to you. "We don't know what's wrong" is not an acceptable reply.

Cheers. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE

Re: Q10 keyboard unstable

Thanks BillJ, trying that now. Will report back.
ATB - Rob