Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Q10 keypress speed dial

I am trying to add numbers to my keypress speed dial list so they can be dialed with the press of a keyboard key. Following the instructions, in the phone app, I tap settings and then Keypress Speed Dial. I press the key that I want to associate with my contact. That highlights the keyboard key. The instructions say to then  tap the contact I wish to associate with the key on my keyboard, but there is no direct way to access contacts from that screen. so I leave the screen and go into contacts and press the contact I wish to associate with the key, but all it does is dial the number.Help.

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Q10 keypress speed dial

[ Edited ]

**edited**

OK, so here are the instructions.

Add a contact to your keyboard speed dial list

1. In the Phone app, swipe down from the top of the screen.
  2. Tap The Settings icon > Keypress Speed Dial.
  3. Press the key on your keyboard that you want to associate with the contact.
  4. Tap the contact that you want to associate with the key on your keyboard.
After you finish: To call a contact from your keyboard speed dial list, in the Phone app, tap The Dialpad icon. Press and hold the key that you associated with the contact.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Instructions were at http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/50635/amc1343097705599.jsp

See the second item: "Add a contact to your keyboard speed dial list." It works for my pre-programmed voicemail at dial 1 (W). You have to be in phoneand press the dial pad. Then my number dials by presing either the soft 1 or the hard 1 on your keypad. My problem is that I cannot program other numbers.

Contributor
My Carrier: SFR France

Hi to all,

Yes if you click on the phone icon and then the keypad and then the letter of you speed dial number, it does work.
Contributor
My Carrier: SFR France

Hello mrmd,

Click on phone icon, then settings on the top, then speed dial, after you have the alphabet, click on the letter of your contact on the keypad, then scroll to the letter choose your contact then click on his or her phone number.
New Contributor

So is there any way to speed dial using the qwerty keyboard?  The old Blackberry had this feature.

New Contributor

So I got it to work. You have to ignore the Blackberry instructions. Don't go to settings>Keypress Speed dial. It dead ends you and you can';t get into contacts to assign a contact to the keypad letter.

So here is how to assign contacts to a speed dial letter. Press the phone icon. Then press the keyboard button. Then press the hard key on the keyboard for the letter you want to assign a number to. When you do this you get a popup: "No speed dial is set up for this key. Do you want to connect a phone number to this key?" Press Yes. That will automatically take you to your contacts. Scroll to the contact whose number you want to assign to the keyboard letter and press the contact number. And bingo the contact number has been assigned to the alphabet key.

And yes, you can then activate the speed dial by pressing the phone icon, then the keyboard button. Then you simply press and hold the keyboard key for the assigned letter and it will dial out.

Problem solved. Thanks all.

New Contributor

You mention "press the keyboard button" after pressing the phone icon.  What do you mean, where is the keyboard button?

New Contributor

After you press the phone icon or the phone app, the keyboard button appears on the bottom right of your screen. It looks like 3 rows of 3 butons.When you press it, a typical telephone keyboard comes up.

My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: 4079675282

Has anyone found out if the the speed dial is accessible through the qwerty keyboard as they have in the past?  NOT through the phone app but actually pressing the letter on the qwerty keyboard.  Going nuts over this!!!!