Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Vip

Q10 or newer password lock and hiding apps and icons

Hello. I love BB phones and I will use them forever. However I am incredibly dissapointed that on Q10 we can not lock any desired app, or hide icon, like we could in previous OS's, using iLock app for example.... That app is available for q10 aswell but it allows locking of only files, not applications like FB, twitter , let alone locking HUB app from preventing anyone to access them... I tend to borrrow my phone to those in need but why couldnt I have option to have anyone prevent to enter my hub or sms messages of FB accounts..... Please dont give me stupid answers like "dont borrow your phone to those who would look your email" or such........ Questions: 1: does anyone know will people from BB allow developers to make this kind of app with control to pass locking desired app? 2: will BB Passport model use same OS10( with this unfortunate issue) 3: is it possible to custom make/order change in BB OS so you can use app to control with pass any icon you desire(like on bold ,odels) I know 3rd question is SF, but who knows, maybe it can be done and I would gladly pay for it... I thing this is huge hole in BB security, phone known for its wide range of options suddenly lost for many of us important one... Thanks, BB users!!!
Solutions: 6,350
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Q10 or newer password lock and hiding apps and icons

Rakac8 wrote:
Please dont give me stupid answers like "dont borrow your phone to those who would look your email" or such........

You mean, "lend your phone..."

1. Not currently.

2. Passport and near-future coming devices will use BlackBerry 10.3.  Current models are on OS 10.2.1

3. Not currently. What is this "SF?"

It's not a 'hole' in security. The ability to lock your device with a security password is already present, but you already know that and for me to tell you such would probably be what you classify as a 'stupid answer'.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Vip

Re: Q10 or newer password lock and hiding apps and icons

Well its not stupid answer but simply locking phone tottaly doesnt solve this security hole... If I want to have unlocked phone for my wife or sister to use it for calls sometimes but still I dont want them to read or enter my email or fb account...it Indeed is a hold in security.... Whole HUB app should be able to be locked and also with option to lock desired accounts, email, or sms msgs......