Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Q10 problem with switch camera after software update

I updated to the new software 10.1.0.273 and now my "switch camera" option brings me to a rainbow stripe screen.  Fix please.  Everything else seems to be working very well, overall very happy with the phone purchase.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Q10 problem with switch camera after software update

Hello MelissaDerikx and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with your Switch Camera option.

Remove your battery then reinsert it. When you switch the camera does the same screen appear?

How did you update your software - on the device or using BlackBerry Link? 

If you were to capture a photo, does the photo render normal or does it have the lines on it as well? 

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

I removed and reinserted the battery and this did not change the issue. I updated the software on the device itself. I am completely unable to capture a picture using the "switch camera" option, and the screen remains 100% covered in rainbow stripes whether I choose camera, video, or timer. All I can do is revert to the rear camera, which works without issue by the way.
Retired

We would need to do further investigation into this issue by analysing device logs.

Contact your mobile provider and ask for a support ticket to be opened with BlackBerry.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

New Contributor

I phoned my provider as requested and they have advised me that it is necessary to send my brand new phone in for repair.  I honestly don't know if they have opened a support ticket.  I do thank you for your prompt assistance thus far, however, I am none too impressed with this situation.  I hope the next software update doesn't cause more problems, so far the phone isn't worh the contract it's written for when it comes to user friendliness, app availability, or user options.  I was hoping for better from BlackBerry this time around. 

Retired

You need to talk to your carrier's technical support team and ask to be transferred to BlackBerry tech support. BlackBerry support will be able to do further investigation into the software and analyse logs.

You will receive an incident number when the ticket is opened.

-HMthePirate

My Carrier: EE

please i have the same problem as stated above with my camera. It is not a problem with the service provider and I can't return the phone as it was a gift. Please what is the solution. I have tried to contact blackberry help on twitter but still no solution it is getting really frustrationg

hmthepirate wrote:
You need to talk to your carrier's technical support team and ask to be transferred to BlackBerry tech support. BlackBerry support will be able to do further investigation into the software and analyse logs.

You will receive an incident number when the ticket is opened.

Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: MTS

Hi!

I updated via BBLink my Q10

The camera stopped working conpletely.

If I switch it on, I see only black screen

I tried to reinstall, update, recover my Q10 but the problem remains.

What can be done wth it?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi...I have been following this thread as my Q10 started to give the 'camera can't be started' message, then battery out- reboot - then stripes - then camera can't be started and the cycle starts all over again.  Last week the camera suddenly started working but tonight...back to stripes.  My Q10 was a gift, already unlocked and my sim is provided by 3.  I called 3 and they said that they couldn't help me.  I have tried to find a way to contact Blackberry technical help and there is no mention of a way forward on the Blackberyy website.  I am really gutted as I am a dedicated Blackberry user.  The phone was given to me in November so must still be under warranty.