Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Q10 restoration problem

My Q10 was replaced and i am trying to restore the data from my old Q10 to the new one using blackberrylink. However,when connecting my Q10 to my laptop, the blackberry link program states "disconnect your device from your computer and complete the setup app on your device"....I have no idea where to find this setup app? I have read other forums and no help...so I need help...pl;easeeeeee!!

New Contributor

Re: Q10 restoration problem

Well, after a day, I have now gotten passed this problem but have encountered a new problem. My new Q10 will simply not connect to blackberery link. When I connect my q10 to the computer, it tries to install blackberry link, even though its running. So I allow the isntallation to occur again and it repairs the link program, but when its all running again, my q10 still doesn't connect to blackberry link. I've rebooted both the computer and q10 and we still always run into the same problem that it wants to reinstall blackberry link. WTF do I do man?

New Contributor

OK so the problem continued. So i deleted the blackberry link program, and reinstalled it from scrtach and I have that same friggen message "disconnect your device from your computer and complete the setup app on your device”. WTF do I do. I have no idea how it corrected itself after a day before. Do I have to wait a friggen friggen day before it works again. WTF man

New Contributor

for those of you that run into this problem, i ifgured it out. I simply did a security wipe on my new Q10, and then was able to connect to blackberry link.