Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: rogers

Q10 sync problems

I am trying to add music to my Q10 from my computer but when I add it to the phone I can only see it in my file manager but not in the music player itself.  Same problem with Videos.  Also I've added pictures from my computer and when you go into the Photo app it shows a black screen but you can touch it and pictures will appear.  Don't have these problems with my z10.  Anyone have any ideas?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Q10 sync problems

Hello Devchev and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your media files.

Are you using BlackBerry Link to add music/photos or are you mounting the storage to your computer and using the drop and drag method? 

Is your computer a Windows operating system or Mac?

Do you have a media card to which you are saving the files or are you using the built-in storage?

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: rogers

I've tried doing it both ways.....  The music and video files are always in the file manager but never in the Music or Video Player....  I'm running a Intel Mac with 10.6.8 OS....  Using the built in storage. 

Like I mentioned I never have a problem with the Z10.  The files always end up in their respective apps where they should be.  Only on the Q10 do I seem to have the issue.

Also just as a side note...sometimes both phones randomly reboot themselves. Happens probably once every week or two on both.  It usually happens when going into the Video App.  Not a big deal.  Just noticed that both phones do the same thing.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

We would need to do further investigation into the matter and analyze device logs.

Contact your mobile service provider and ask they open a support ticket with BlackBerry (this will save you the incident fee if you were to call us directly).

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Q10

I am experiencing the same thing, it shows on the link, but it does not bring it into my device, although all the checks to do so are done.

So obviously this is happening to more that one person

Please let me know if it is resolved or how to resolve it.

Thanks

Cristina

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have had such a headache with syncing too.

For months and months I've been hoping updates would resolve the issue, but no.  I have a Mac and Q10.  Syncing media, no matter how many different ways I try and how many resets and reformatting and complete system resets I do, is a nightmare.  It just stops syncing any media as soon as one file has a problem.  Even when trying to sync only a few files at a time it still malfunctions.  It started happening around late summer/autumn 2013.  Please Blackberry help.  I love the Q10, but the software has given me such a headache that unless you do something there is no way I can keep using a semi-functional phone.  Smiley Sad