Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: O2

Q10 syncing with Ical using iCloud

Hi,

I have spent most of the day trying all of the suggested ways to get my new Q10 to sync with ical on my mac and I am getting no where.

Setting up icloud initially works for my email and my contacts. I have then tried to set up ical manually using the advise on the blackberry website but I am still being told that the server does not recognise my account details. They are 100% correct. I am using my apple id and my xxxxxxxx@me.com email address.

Does anyone know of a way to get around this. The forums seem to have mixed success, some getitng all three services first time and some never getting ical.

Any help appreicated.

Many thanks.....Frazer

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Q10 syncing with Ical using iCloud

Hey frazerb,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

This issue you are having may be related to the the following article:

iCloud calendar account fails to integrate on BlackBerry 10

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33729

To better assist you with this issue and to gather device event logs to determine the root cause, we would request that you contact your wireless service provider to have this issue escalated to BlackBerry Technical support for further trouble shooting.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: att

As of today, May 31st, the link you recommmend is now a dead link.

Has anyone successfully synced the new Q or Z models running OS 10.1 to Apples iCloud and iCal calender?

This is a deal breaker for mem and an iphone sale for Apple. Since google dropped Blackberry syncing it has been over a year that people on Macs have had ability to sync their devices. IN this connected world, this is an absolute must have.

Thank you .

New Contributor
My Carrier: Verizon

I need help on this issue as well. I will return this phone if i cant get it to sync . The ical is not working at all. 

New Contributor
My Carrier: O2

Hi - I eventually had to return the phone and went back to i-phone. There is no 100% guarantee solution for the Q10 and the support for this is poor as they have been trying to fix it since February this year. Also if you travel then Apps like the British Airways one do not run on Q10 also.

Enjoy your iphone!!

FB

Contributor
My Device: Q10 > Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

its still not working, BUT i have transferred everythign from ical to my google acct, and its syncing flawlessly.  i am not going to get stuck in the loop of apple controlling my life.  there are other alternatives that work instead of ical people.

#teamblackberry
New Contributor

Hey pal did you really have to go back to iphone. I like the blackberry but if I cant sync the ical its also useless to me. Its a function I use all the time.

EMail me back ericp1969@mac.com

New Contributor

how do you transfer apple contacts and calander to google is there an easy way to do it or do if i have to input it one at a time 

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: att

I too used to sync my calender this way - but then i thought Google stopped syncing with iCal - so i assume there there is no way to do a regular calander syncing between a blackberry calander and a google calader?

Thanks....I  continue to be shocked to think that Blackberry would think no creatives  ( who are mostly on Macs and living with ICal) would want a syncing ability.

I have ordered my q10 - but i have clearley marekd - in my ICAL calander - when the 14 day trial expires - no sync with a Mac - and i too am going to iphone.

Contributor
My Device: Q10 > Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

yes it syncs ical to google, google to ical flawlessly.  you can edit either. 

on iCal, click Preferences > Accounts, hit the + sign, choose google and go from there.  

and trust me, you will NOT be going back to the iphone.  i should also mention syncing ical with BB10 used to work, until end of may. something happened, and it stopped syncing.  BB is aware of the issue.

#teamblackberry