Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Ice

Q10 touch keyboard issue with the touch & type

Hello,

So i have a Q10 and I live in costa rica. It works fine and everything, but there are no stores/support/phone numerbs/emai or anything for support!!!

there used to be an official blackberry store and shop, where can I look for that in costa rica (did not see anything online)

*****So my question is, how can I disable, fixed or remove this touch and type piece of **bleep**? If I am texting and just hover my finger over letters O, or T is automatically types it, is this touch and type option removable? I do not even know how is it called, but how can I disable on my keyboard all touch feautrues? Basically how can I make the keyborad to work, AS A REGULAR NORMAL KEYBOARD???? If it acts crazy, do I need to replace it?

Thanks in advance, and I hope someone actually helps me.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Q10 touch keyboard issue with the touch & type

It is not supposed to work like that. The O and T buttons are damaged. This can happen if you live in a high humidity area and/or keep the device in your pocket.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

letter T and O ar just an example.

My questions is still not answered. Is there any way to disable the keyboard to be touch?

I mean do you even know, is this device has some, or all of the keys, on the keyboard as touch?

Is this the touch and type thing?

If its humid and stuff, is there a repair for only the keyborad?

Is there an oficcial blackberry store in costa rica?

I will really appreciate if any one can anwer all this questions

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I own a Q10. I have it in my hands. The keys are not "touch." They have to be pressed and they click when they are pressed on. If they don't "click" when you press them then the keyboard is damaged.

I don't think there is any official BlackBerry store in Costa Rica.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

You can go on ebay and find a replacement keyboard...sometimes it is cheaper to buy the ENTIRE housing with the keyboard.

Don't do this if your unit is under warranty however.

But replacing the keyboard seems to fix this problem. I don't understand why...this should not cost you more than $20 if you buy the entire casing with keyboard and maybe less for just the keyboard. Make sure you have the proper tools to open the blackberry...check YOUTUBE for videos on how to do this.

Definitely a keyboard or connection problem.
Guru II

Replacing yourself is an option. Here is a video:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_rqSspShq6I

If you're good at small electronics repair it's an easy one. Otherwise it might be a little in depth for most people.

New Contributor

well I guess i'll have to do that! thanks bro