Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Q10 unable to send text message directly to phone number

When I type in a number in to a new and blank text message window, the text messaging app will not let me type a message. I can swipe out, I can click "End Chat" which does not do anything. The only way to remove the unusable text message is to long hold on it in BBM and then Delete. I am unable to anything except give up.

Text messaging new numbers is utterly not possible with a "state of the art Smartphone of 2013"

I attempted to create a work around by adding the number to a contact. 

Newly added contacts seem to link to existing contacts. For example, I type in a name for a new contact and phone number. Click save. And then, the contact information goes to limbo, or someone else's contact card gets over written. The phone number, will for example become associated with a totally unrelated person.

I am running OS 10.2 on a new Q10

Very sad to encounter this issue in an "updated" operating system. Seriously discourages me from keeping my Q10 and moving on to products who won't release an issue like this.