Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Q10 with Notes Version 8.5.3

Dear all,

I'm not sure if this was already discussed.

I'd like to have the Q10 as a "company phone", but it seems not to work in our environment:

Lotus Notes 8.5.3 (no update to 9 possible / planned) plus an older version of BB Server, which is end of live.

Is it possible to access e-mails and so on via "Active Sync" without having an BB Server installed? What are the requirements to get the Q10 working with our Lotus version? My colleagues use Android or iOS Phones (if that information helps).

Thank you very much for your support.

Best reagrds

Retired
My Device: Z10 / 9900 / 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Q10 with Notes Version 8.5.3

Hey JSchneiter.

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

The BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone can integrate an ActiveSync email that I believe is handled using Lotus Traveler. Please excuse me if this information is not true as I am not Lotus/Domino trained, but I have seen many successful ActiveSync integrations on BlackBerry 10 Smartphones connecting to Lotus traveler servers with addresses such as "<FQDN of Traveler server>/servlet/traveler" for 8.5.3. Please note that integrating over port 80 without SSL may experience integration issues, and would suggest using SSL over port 443. If port 80 is required and SSL is not an option, newer BlackBerry 10 Software versions will allow port 80 without SSL to be utilized.

Please refer to Lotus Traveler documentation for proper configuration and other system settings of ActiveSync on Lotus Traveler.

Hopefully this helps answer your question.

Cheers.

-Sawks

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter !@BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Q10 with Notes Version 8.5.3

Hey Sawks,

Thanks a lot for your help. Is it correct that wee do not need a BB Server at all while using Active Sync? Or, in other words: Is it possible to "use" the Q10 Smartphone like any Windows, Android or iOS phone?

Thanks and best regards

Johannes